• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

android1010

I submitted the DCOIC form on their website the day after I commissioned and received my quota number a few days later. I didn't want to wait and miss getting a slot for the May class. I wouldn't wait!!

Walter Gunter

I submitted the DCOIC form on their website the day after I commissioned and received my quota number a few days later. I didn't want to wait and miss getting a slot for the May class. I wouldn't wait!!
I just submitted my request. I chose May as my first, August is my second, and APril is my worst case. I am pulling for May also since we are having a baby in July...but my wife is hardcore...so, it's all good! :) hahahahaha

navgovie

IW Officer
I am doing a ceremony in Feb also, but went ahead and did the commission with my recruiter, so I can get everything rolling. It depends on who you have doing it. I wouldn't wait for the paperwork side of things. NOthing wrong with doing the commission with your recruiter first, and then doing another more formal ceremony. That's my recommendation. It takes a while for the paperwork to catch up, so if you wait until Feb 18, and then turn your paperwork in, it might take another two weeks or more for you to get in the system. (i don't know for sure, but in my experience, the paperwork takes some time)
This is true, but my recruiter has been pretty good about that stuff, plus I wouldn't mind a bit of extra time before INDOC to lose a few of those holiday pounds just to make sure I have a nice buffer (I MAY be right on the weight limit cusp at the moment).... ;)

Walter Gunter

This is true, but my recruiter has been pretty good about that stuff, plus I wouldn't mind a bit of extra time before INDOC to lose a few of those holiday pounds just to make sure I have a nice buffer (I MAY be right on the weight limit cusp at the moment).... ;)
It's all good, as long as you are < 22% BF, and can pass a PT test...but good luck. What i meant about paperwork was that once you turn you sign your Oath, the Navy (not your recruiter) may have a paperwork process that is longer than you prefer, but in the end, it's all good cuz you will be rocking it as an Ensign. Rock it!!

Navmac

Thanks to all that have contributed to this forum! There is really a ton of great info... I am currently applying for March INTEL DCO board… has there been any word on the quotas yet?

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I requested mine and picked May, Jul and Aug. May and Jul are closed now so will probably end up with Aug also.

Becks

Becks
Told that my interview on the 10th with the board went well without particulars. Now we wait for March. :)
Congrats man, Same here, at the end of the interview the commander stated that "As far as they were concerned it went very well and they were pleased to have met me". I assume he was being honest. Lets go March!

Gtitan

Congrats man, Same here, at the end of the interview the commander stated that "As far as they were concerned it went very well and they were pleased to have met me". I assume he was being honest. Lets go March!

Awesome!!

Gtitan

Had lunch with my recruiter. They're sending my submission package to the board on Monday. Well ... hope it goes ok, but this is a marathon and not a sprint, so if I need to try again (and again), so be it.:)