• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-17 AMCSB

azguy

None
I'm curious what this crowd thinks of this post on "Ask the Skipper." His is an aviation centric view, but it sounds like this policy now applies to all TYCOMs and admin boards.

Is there any merit to this policy of TYCOM meddling besides allowing the 3-star to hook up their buds, former JOs, etc?

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Ah, well. Lots of people think the article was well written, and the whole thing (Airboss shuffling things around post board) is bullshit.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
This is the symptom of a larger problem - namely, that the process doesn't actually work as advertised.

I presume that this comment means that you don't believe the best and most/fully qualified individuals are being selected. I also presume this means that you're familiar with all the records that are getting reviewed and are in a position to determine who should and should not be selected for various selections?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think Zippy's point is that since now we have no idea if the results as published were what the board had decided, we have no way to know if there was any cronyism, political correctness, etc, that drove what came out. It sucks for those on the slate and it sucks for all of us. All I've learned from this instruction and the results of last year is that it pays to get a powerful sea daddy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://blog.usni.org/2015/12/10/when-blogging-meets-reality

it's all well and good to play the "i feel so bad for the sailors" card, but it might also help to ask the individual in question whether or not they shared these same concerns before taking the actions they did (allegedly.....) :rolleyes:

I think the need to highlight this 'issue' and others like it far outweighs the potential undermining of CVW's. Otherwise we are burying our heads in the sand to issues that will affect more than just one air wing.

IRfly

None
That blog about a blog (getting kind of meta in here) is full of sh!t. Some kool-aid-drinker taking his kneepads out for a test-run before making O-4. It's patently clear that the only individual "undermined" by AskSkipper is the individual (presumably Ray Mabus) who made the decision to set aside the board results so that his own guy could get the job that his peers on the board decided he shouldn't get. As for the future DCAG/CAG...if you are the recipient of cronyism, then by definition you are a crony. Hope it's worth it to him to be CAG.