• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Instructor sentenced for trying to sell F-14 parts

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All of you who know Mr Tabib have got to know that he would NEVER do this.

This is what I personally hate about gossip and UNTRUTH in the media - As for his sentence it was unusally harsh since he was NOT CHARGED with sending military parts to Iran, just breaking the embargo and the average sentence is and was 12 months. One needs to always remember that there are TWO sides to every story.. If you were a so called friend of Mr. Tabib's, shame on you for not trying to get the whole story before condeming him.

So the press fabricated the part where he pled quilty? and the part where parts where intercepted at a FEDEX location? and the part where he was in possession of lists provided by Iranian Military? What part would he never do? Have to raise the BS flag on your stalwart defense of someone who pled quilty.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
First of all - Mr. Tabib did not have 13,000 F-14 parts at all. The only parts F-14 parts were supplied by the government in a undercover sting lead by his dear friend of over 12 years, a fellow Newport Beach Pilot who was arrested in Dec 2005 for dealing in MILITARY parts to Iran and Thailand, whose company was Air Harbor, and was tryng to save himself by turning someone in to reduce his sentence. All of you who know Mr Tabib have got to know that he would NEVER do this. The parts in the garage were purchased on EBAY in bulk lots of surplus for pennies. The 13,000 parts were every NUT AND BOLT the government counted. NOT 13000 F14 PARTS. This is what I personally hate about gossip and UNTRUTH in the media - As for his sentence it was unusally harsh since he was NOT CHARGED with sending military parts to Iran, just breaking the embargo and the average sentence is and was 12 months. One needs to always remember that there are TWO sides to every story.. If you were a so called friend of Mr. Tabib's, shame on you for not trying to get the whole story before condeming him.

Gitmo anyways.

fixtheinjustice

So the press fabricated the part where he pled quilty? and the part where parts where intercepted at a FEDEX location? and the part where he was in possession of lists provided by Iranian Military? What part would he never do? Have to raise the BS flag on your stalwart defense of someone who pled quilty.

The parts were the planted parts, the list, and I repeat List ( one) was to be - well I cannot say that at this point, but let us say it was not to be used at it seems or implied - he plead guilty to breaking the embargo - NOT MILITARY PARTS - nor was he charged with sending Military Parts. The source for the article did indeed misquote facts and did so for his 5 minutes of fame - as I have said, there are TWO sides to every story and believe me, while Mr. Tabib is not innocent here, he IS innocent of the fabricated charges and mis information that was quoted in the article - IE 13,000 F14 parts. As one who was active in this case, I am just trying to set the record straight and while I am limited in what I can and cannot disclose, the article was false in so many ways. The media did not research the story and did not contact Mr. Tabib's attorney's for a statement. One sided media information.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
The parts were the planted parts, the list, and I repeat List ( one) was to be - well I cannot say that at this point, but let us say it was not to be used at it seems or implied - he plead guilty to breaking the embargo - NOT MILITARY PARTS - nor was he charged with sending Military Parts. The source for the article did indeed misquote facts and did so for his 5 minutes of fame - as I have said, there are TWO sides to every story and believe me, while Mr. Tabib is not innocent here, he IS innocent of the fabricated charges and mis information that was quoted in the article - IE 13,000 F14 parts. As one who was active in this case, I am just trying to set the record straight and while I am limited in what I can and cannot disclose, the article was false in so many ways. The media did not research the story and did not contact Mr. Tabib's attorney's for a statement. One sided media information.

I'm not an attorney - nor have I played one on TV :D - but I would think he would have actually have had to have shipped parts to Iran to be charged with shipping them. But since they arrested him BEFORE he was able to ship the parts then he can't be charged with shipping them. In other words, you can't charge a guy with murder if the corpse is still walking around. :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

A drug dealer who buys 10 kilos of cocaine from an undercover agent is no less a drug dealer than if he buys it from another drug dealer. The intent is the same, so to try to draw a distinction upon that basis seems fairly disingenuous.

Brett

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Fixtheinjustice, I don't think you're gonna find much sympathy for your friend on this site. The lives of the majority of the folks who post here are put in even more danger than they are already as a result of "sales" of parts to Iran. Because of that, I don't think anyone here is going to buy what you're selling.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Getting to the bottom of the Flight Instructor "connection"

The parts were the planted parts

So? You're saying he was framed? What matters is that he knew what they were, not where they came from. He and his "fans" can be miffed that he was set up, but he made the choice to obtain them and now is paying the price. He pled quilty so he didn't even contest the issue.

All of you who know Mr Tabib have got to know that he would NEVER do this.....

....the list, and I repeat List ( one) was to be - well I cannot say that at this point, but let us say it was not to be used at it seems or implied - he plead guilty to breaking the embargo -

What is it you claim he would NOT do as even you now admit there was a list in his possession...you sound like a sea lawyer. If he had a list from an Iranian source and was "collecting" parts, I have a hard time believing he didn't know that wouldn't get him in hot water.

You're making the water even murkier decrying false charges and misinformation yet you admit he pled quilty and had a list from Iranian sources. I'm sure the press would like to tell/sell that side of the story. Why not tell them on background and clear the air? That would go a lot further than crying foul on a forum that only has the press reports to go by (and your posts).

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Threadjack...
10_1893_604.jpg

Sign reads: Death to Infidels, Death to America, Death to Israel...

We have professors on campus spouting the same BS. Can someone please drop a 500lb 'negotiating' tool on these idiots?
/Threadjack

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ Hey, he's free to be an idiot if he wants. At least you know who you're dealing with at that point.

Brett

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Threadjack...

Sign reads: Death to Infidels, Death to America, Death to Israel...

We have professors on campus spouting the same BS. Can someone please drop a 500lb 'negotiating' tool on these idiots?
/Threadjack

I'd make a comment, but that comment got me in trouble before. The only way to repond to such aquiescence toward complete nonsense and garbage is to roll your eyes and say "freedom of speech".

That's crazy that an IP would do that. Not exactly low profile. I flew into KSNA as a student pilot. Weird when it's close to home.