• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Instructor sentenced for trying to sell F-14 parts

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reza Tabib had 13,000, count 'em, 13,000 F-14 Tomcat parts when he was arrested. He was preparing to send them to Iran and had already purchased tickets there when he was arrested. Looks like he was trying to make some cash on the side from his Flight Instructor income at John Wayne Airport in Orange Country (he also ran the Newport Flight Center). Curiously, he's out on bail until July when he has to report for 2 years of incarceration...hope they're watching this guy (like he's going to hang around). He was "procuring" parts that were requested by Iranian military for their remaining Tomcats. Good indication that they're still trying to fly them and that their claims of self sufficiency in maintaining them aren't all what they purport.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
An applicant on this website was using him as his instructor. I had spoken to him about re-starting flying this summer (John Wayne is the local airport), and he had recommended I fly with him. Apparently he was giving pretty good discounts and was a UCI student.

The fact that a terrorist was a UCI student comes as no surprise if you read any of my prior posts.

Huggy Bear

pilot
Is it known that he was a "terrorist". He might just be a guy who saw an opportunity to make a buck.

I mean, its not like the F-14 could have harmed anything anyway.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Call it what you want, militant-ism or whatever... there is a massive amount of it at my school. The fact that a 'sympathizer' with a likely future enemy came from there is no surprise.

Toddie4usa5

Reza Tabib had 13,000, count 'em, 13,000 F-14 Tomcat parts when he was arrested. He was preparing to send them to Iran and had already purchased tickets there when he was arrested. Looks like he was trying to make some cash on the side from his Flight Instructor income at John Wayne Airport in Orange Country (he also ran the Newport Flight Center). Curiously, he's out on bail until July when he has to report for 2 years of incarceration...hope they're watching this guy (like he's going to hang around). He was "procuring" parts that were requested by Iranian military for their remaining Tomcats. Good indication that they're still trying to fly them and that their claims of self sufficiency in maintaining them aren't all what they purport.
Stuff like this really irks me. People like that should be executed on the spot but on the lighter side of things, those damn Iranians are to intellectually challenged to be able to fly the tomcats using their full capabilties.