• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

theghettodefendant

None
Yes. Needs of the navy, whether your pq'd by n3m yet, clearance status, and if the stars align... that's my understanding.
I'm pretty sure you have to be pq'd to submit for SNA and NFO, and work on your clearance should be started when you get your pro rec. I just don't understand why they'd put people from this latest board in front of the people from the last one.

jander12

pilot
I'm pretty sure you have to be pq'd to submit for SNA and NFO, and work on your clearance should be started when you get your pro rec. I just don't understand why they'd put people from this latest board in front of the people from the last one.
Didn't realize you were talking about same designation board. I was talking generally (e.g. IP selects will probably wait longer than SNA selects).

Surf

pilot
Since all I need to do is get my NASIS clearance, my recruiter is thinking a FINSEL by April. Anyone else hear something similar?

exNavyOffRec

Is it possible for people from this board to get their final selects before the people from the last board?

If you include "date available" yes, if you exclude "date available" all things being equal those from the past board should just be waiting on OCS dates, then they go in order of how long they have been waiting, so in that regard no.

JamesL37

Since all I need to do is get my NASIS clearance, my recruiter is thinking a FINSEL by April. Anyone else hear something similar?

When I got my ProRec-Y last October, my OR told me 2 weeks. Boy was she wrong.

Hello everyone. Got my Prorec for SNA and NFO yesterday, going with SNA. Just thought I'd poke my head in and say "hi"--hopefully none of us will be here for too long :D

Congrats and welcome! Get comfortable, you'll be here for a while... :)

jander12

pilot

My recruiter doesn't make predictions like that, he just tells me that I'm in a good spot because I'm N3M cleared and SECRET cleared already. I will however make my own guess and agree that April is possible since it seems that previous SNA applicants waited about 1 month for FINSEL and approximately another month to class up. BUT, that guess by no means comes from an in depth analysis... maybe 1 or 2 data points (and I can't seem to find that 2nd one).

I haven't seen anything for a May OCS class. Has anyone heard if there is going to be one in May? The first half of May would be ideal timing for me as I have a significant family event happening at the end of August ;).

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
My recruiter doesn't make predictions like that, he just tells me that I'm in a good spot because I'm N3M cleared and SECRET cleared already. I will however make my own guess and agree that April is possible since it seems that previous SNA applicants waited about 1 month for FINSEL and approximately another month to class up. BUT, that guess by no means comes from an in depth analysis... maybe 1 or 2 data points (and I can't seem to find that 2nd one).

I haven't seen anything for a May OCS class. Has anyone heard if there is going to be one in May? The first half of May would be ideal timing for me as I have a significant family event happening at the end of August ;).
The following dates are the remaining OCS classes for FY14... I was selected from the December 2nd 2013 IDC (IW) board and still waiting on a FS letter... upload_2014-3-7_16-33-23.png

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
Recruiter was telling me February from the day I got pro-rec'd but obviously did not pan out. So now I just try and forget about it as much as possible and maybe I'll get surprised one day, ha... And work my ass off on getting in to shape - last week met my personal goal of Excellents across the board before leaving to OCS after starting out barely making satisfactory :)