• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

jander12

pilot
... last week met my personal goal of Excellents across the board before leaving to OCS after starting out barely making satisfactory :)

What was your running program like? That's my worst "event" (as I hate running and try to avoid it if at all possible). Last PRT run was an 11:26 (week after Thanksgiving 2013). Fastest ever was a 9:30 right out of HS. I know there are tons of programs out there, but I'm curious what you used/did.

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
What was your running program like? That's my worst "event" (as I hate running and try to avoid it if at all possible). Last PRT run was an 11:26 (week after Thanksgiving 2013). Fastest ever was a 9:30 right out of HS. I know there are tons of programs out there, but I'm curious what you used/did.

I actually started in October with the one outlined in the Navy's training guide, as I had not done much for athletic activity since I got out of high school. I added in a hodgepodge of cardio/body weight stuff on the off days and stuck with that pretty well through January but had kind of leveled out a little shy of my goal. I am now wrapping up my first month of Insanity and on my latest rest day did my PRT test and saw significant improvements in all 3, including running, which I had stopped doing for that entire month. I think I saw something in the PRT board of some others in the past having success with Insanity so might be worth a look over there as well.

ceder11

Does anyone know when the FY-15 quotas will be released? If that is in fact the hold up for the December board applicants, what's the turnaround time with respect to FY15 quotas and OCS class orders?

JamesL37

Does anyone know when the FY-15 quotas will be released? If that is in fact the hold up for the December board applicants, what's the turnaround time with respect to FY15 quotas and OCS class orders?

Just so you know there are people from July and October boards still waiting for FS.

Abandon all expectations all ye who enter here!

BlackAce

VT-9 Trying to sick less everyday...trying
I don't think it's so much that we are waiting for the quota to be released. I think we are just waiting for the powers at be to start filling out the FY15 classes. We (at least the newly selected SNA/SNFO people) will probably start hearing news a month or so before July-Aug. Once that starts, hopefully, everything will flow pretty quick.

ceder11

Just so you know there are people from July and October boards still waiting for FS.

Abandon all expectations all ye who enter here!

Apologies for not including everyone outside of the DEC board who haven't received a FS yet….just trying to be as patient as possible like everyone else but I go crazy on Fridays because I'm tired of waiting tables on weekends!!! cmon FS!

Marmaduke

FS SNA
Hey guys, I was just picked up for pilot in the last board. Seems like there is quite a bit of a backlog of people waiting to get in... My recruiter called me last night and told me that there was 4 month backup at the flight school, and she wasn't sure how that would affect my date.

It is nice to see I'm not the only one in this boat seemingly going nowhere. Misery loves company...

Surf

pilot
Hey guys, I was just picked up for pilot in the last board. Seems like there is quite a bit of a backlog of people waiting to get in... My recruiter called me last night and told me that there was 4 month backup at the flight school, and she wasn't sure how that would affect my date.

It is nice to see I'm not the only one in this boat seemingly going nowhere. Misery loves company...
Welcome to the holding tank. It's not so bad, at least we are going. This way it gives us more time to train and get our affairs in order.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot

I feel like this "backup" is more aligned with the OHARping everyone is talking about. But I dont know about that delaying OCS dates. BTW heard this is where the party was at, so here I am

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Welcome to the holding tank. It's not so bad, at least we are going. This way it gives us more time to train and get our affairs in order.
If there truly is a delay for us going it means I get to snag that MBA because I have one more summer class for that. I wouldnt mind the wait as long as I dont get a mid july date and get screwed out of that...also who the hell knows the method to the madness because there were a lot of Dec board FS issued and people are still waitning from july? I'm not going to think about it and just put my head down and try not to go blind

Surf

pilot
If there truly is a delay for us going it means I get to snag that MBA because I have one more summer class for that. I wouldnt mind the wait as long as I dont get a mid july date and get screwed out of that...
Yeah that might be tricky considering you have to schedule the class ahead of time. However my recruiter seemed confident since I put ASAP for my availability I should go between May and July. What availability did you put?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Yeah that might be tricky considering you have to schedule the class ahead of time. However my recruiter seemed confident since I put ASAP for my availability I should go between May and July. What availability did you put?
May 7. I'm hoping for the may 18 ocs

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I'm the opposite. I'm skinny, so the run is no problem, but I'm still working on my pushup and situp numbers. My training plan is: Do a buttload of pushups and situps. It certainly seems like I'll have plenty of time to work on them...