• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

CmichRugger12

PRO-Y NFO
How do you pass the time in purgatory?

I thought I was going to be able to finally relax and just prepare for OCS, but the wait has now moved to month #5 1/2. Savings are starting to drain too low and will have to find a part time gig somewhere. Besides that...
  • Running/Lifting/Swimming
  • Reading
  • Video games
  • Airwarriors
  • NHL Playoffs
However, I was informed that I'm slated for the September class without a FINSEL as of right now. I know it's not an official step in the process, but I can't help but feel like a milestone has been achieved.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
However, I was informed that I'm slated for the September class without a FINSEL as of right now. I know it's not an official step in the process, but I can't help but feel like a milestone has been achieved.
A lot of people are reporting these kinds of "unofficial" OCS dates. I haven't heard anything like that from my OR, but I wonder if that's just that he's not the kind of person to tell me anything until it's actually official. Hope springs eternal. Fortunately for me, money isn't a big issue at the moment; over the summer I still get paid for the work I did during the academic year, and I am currently slated to teach in the Fall until the Navy tells me otherwise.

Surf

pilot
Still no word for me. In fact, tomorrow is my 3-month purgaversary! Things I've been doing to keep myself occupied since the semester ended:
  • Taking some Coursera courses
  • Going to a CrossFit gym
  • Playing video games
  • Planning a two-week road trip for June
Anyone else? How do you pass the time in purgatory?
I was lucky to get a part time gig at a busy FBO here in town. Takes up about 35 hours of my week, the rest is a mix of gym and AW:D.

cb812

SNA
Wake, Coffee, Run, More Coffee, Eat, Sit at Desk, More sitting at Desk, Gym, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.... that's about the extent of my schedule at the moment. Just put in my resignation at work.... still waiting for FINSEL but it sounds like I have a chance to make the July 20th class. I hate people who cut in line but unfortunately I have to be that a$$h@le. Sorry dudes.

AmericanJoe

Wake, Coffee, Run, More Coffee, Eat, Sit at Desk, More sitting at Desk, Gym, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.... that's about the extent of my schedule at the moment. Just put in my resignation at work.... still waiting for FINSEL but it sounds like I have a chance to make the July 20th class. I hate people who cut in line but unfortunately I have to be that a$$h@le. Sorry dudes.

LOL best of luck brother hope all works out for ya!

Surf

pilot
I think I speak for all the non-age critical pro-y's in saying, kick some ass at OCS man see you in the fleet.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Digital combat sim is an awesome way to pass the time. Full huey, Mi8 and a10 cockpits. The sims flight manuals are a great way to learn some terminology and flight dynamics if you have never heard of any of it before like me. Besides that training 6 days a week 3 hours a day for hell on earth should it arrive August 31.

Digital combat sim is an awesome way to pass the time. Full huey, Mi8 and a10 cockpits. The sims flight manuals are a great way to learn some terminology and flight dynamics if you have never heard of any of it before like me. Besides that training 6 days a week 3 hours a day for hell on earth should it arrive August 31.

I learned how to fly an A-10 from that sim, so when I saw one on the tarmac yesterday by the base gym I was tempted to pull a GTA.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor

That A-10 sim is awesome, I'm trying to get back into it after a few years off. I tell ya, if that thing can make spending $450+ on an actual A-10 HOTAS setup very tempting, you know it must be an unreal sim.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I know I shouldn't, but I am probably going to blow my money on this before API. If we are all in Pensacola together during the same time, you guys are more than welcome to stop by my place and induldge.

BlackAce

VT-9 Trying to sick less everyday...trying
If you guys are into flight simming, you should also check out the VRS Super Hornet. It's a pretty cool and detailed sim. Definitely great for passing time.