• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

David Y

With the beginning of hunting season in Maryland, purgatory just got that much more bearable (Thank god). I have a feeling the bulk of us October 29th guys/girls won't get FINSELS until December or Jan. and most of us will likely be going to Newport anywhere from Feb-April. For you age critical guys and everyone else starting soon good luck. Hopefully see you soon!
Hunting season starting up in WV as well. Great way to get the mind off the waiting! From what I've seen (on this site mostly) guys/girls are reporting to OCS about 6-7 months following selection. Since I have no special circumstances, I'm semi-preparing for late spring. Which may not be a bad thing since it will be a little warmer in Newport!

exNavyOffRec

Thanks to the OCS Processors and the kind folks at NRC, I won't be shipping until June (my first child is due in May). I'm really grateful that they were willing to work with me, and push back my report date.

probably wasn't much work for them, there are several IDC on this board that have waited 9 months after selection to go to OCS

Tasha

I just got word that my FinSel is awaiting PM signature yesterday, so I'm going to call back on Tuesday and see if I've got it yet. @RUFiO181 , do you know when the CNRC office closes for Thanksgiving?

Crossing fingers. Ima call mine on Monday. Hoping for a good date and soon! And CNRC office is closed, lance! (Probably half day on Wednesday and closed Thursday and Friday.)

Lancerr1

Crossing fingers. Ima call mine on Monday. Hoping for a good date and soon! And CNRC office is closed, lance! (Probably half day on Wednesday and closed Thursday and Friday.)
So Tuesday will be a good day to call, since Wednesday will be an iffy day, and maybe I can catch them before the holidays. :D

navyhaz

Thanks to the OCS Processors and the kind folks at NRC, I won't be shipping until June (my first child is due in May). I'm really grateful that they were willing to work with me, and push back my report date.

Similar experience. Got a verbal for March because I have a "thing" in February. Glad it worked out @usnavymle and congrats on the child. A lot of life events for you this year ;)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I just got word that my FinSel is awaiting PM signature yesterday, so I'm going to call back on Tuesday and see if I've got it yet. @RUFiO181 , do you know when the CNRC office closes for Thanksgiving?

No clue, but I wouldn't expect much work if any to be done on Wednesday. Most NRDs are likely hosting potlucks or other non-work related events. Remember, recruiters have a life outside of recruiting.

Raul B

My recruiter told me to come in this week to swear in, but said he didn't know whether my FINSEL letter was in and thinks it should be soon...confusing, right? Don't you swear in only after receiving your FINSEL?

otejay

Mine's been "waiting on signature" for about a month. I was told it's just a status after pro Y but what do I know..

nrodda90

SWOtivated
Mine's been "waiting on signature" for about a month. I was told it's just a status after pro Y but what do I know..
I just spoke with my recruiter today and he called HQ in regards to my letter that I've been waiting for since the June board. I have a penciled in date of March 1 and HQ said they usually issue FINSEL letters 1-2 months before ship dates. I hope that helps a little. I'm getting a little anxious waiting on that letter! "All I want for Christmas is my FINSEL letter, my FINSEL letter, my FINSEL letter."

thomasEB

I just spoke with my recruiter today and he called HQ in regards to my letter that I've been waiting for since the June board. I have a penciled in date of March 1 and HQ said they usually issue FINSEL letters 1-2 months before ship dates. I hope that helps a little. I'm getting a little anxious waiting on that letter! "All I want for Christmas is my FINSEL letter, my FINSEL letter, my FINSEL letter."

My OR told me the same thing -- 1 or 2 months before your stated start date. Of those recently selected in the latest IDC board, do you know your designator? I applied for Intel and IW, and was selected, but when I asked my OR which designator I was selected for, he said I wouldn't know until I receive my FINSEL.

fmrarmy1

My OR told me the same thing -- 1 or 2 months before your stated start date. Of those recently selected in the latest IDC board, do you know your designator? I applied for Intel and IW, and was selected, but when I asked my OR which designator I was selected for, he said I wouldn't know until I receive my FINSEL.
I know what designator I was selected for but I was only put in for one designator. Most of all the others were also informed based on their selection.

exNavyOffRec

That is a BS answer, if he doesn't know he should know, it is his responsibility to know!!