• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Lancerr1

Here's a question for the experienced - I'm taking classes towards my master's degree with an unconfirmed expected graduation date. Would they hold my FS to wait until graduation, assuming I'd graduate with a master's degree? I don't have plans to finish my masters until after I'm in the Navy and through with flight school - I'll finish it online, but maybe they assume I want to finish first? My available-to-start date was in October 30.

Noble-6

Hey, all - I'm a little late to game, but received notice from my recruiter that I was pro-rec'd on 11/14 for NFO.

After reading Rufio's post on FINSEL's coming in for the October selectees, is there anyone else for NFO/Pilot in a similar situation that has received their final select letters?

mvs1992

Hey, all - I'm a little late to game, but received notice from my recruiter that I was pro-rec'd on 11/14 for NFO.

After reading Rufio's post on FINSEL's coming in for the October selectees, is there anyone else for NFO/Pilot in a similar situation that has received their final select letters?

I'm also late to the air warriors.com game, but my recruiter gave me a call saying I was pro-rec'd for pilot/NFO. My finsel has yet to come in though, so no OCS date just yet

Swoop90

Pro rec'd for SWO for the Oct 6th board. I'm in no rush for my FINSEL because i'm finishing up my last semester this spring. My recruiter is always on his A game getting me through the hoops, so i'm just working on the PT until I hear from him.

Tasha

Congrats!

How exactly does final selection work? It seems like the letters trickle in.

heres how my process went:

Selected from the board that convened 29OCT.
From there my OR emailed me paperwork Change of Status etc.
Then he uploaded my updated package to be looked over .
A date is randomly issued.
it gets signed then uploaded again.
OR finds out and notified me via Email and phone call.

Noble-6

Thanks for the information. Are you at any time given the choice of class date, or is it non-negotiable once an initial date has been issued?

Tasha

Thanks for the information. Are you at any time given the choice of class date, or is it non-negotiable once an initial date has been issued?
I didn't chose my class date. It was given at random..I do believe once your date is issued and a concern pops up you can talk to your OR to let them know..

exNavyOffRec

You should be prepared to go anytime after the "date available" you put on the paperwork, should you get a date after your date available you don't like you better have a good reason, sometimes there will be a program manager that will adjust and sometimes not, I saw a few people that wanted to change the date and the email back was "they ship on the date given or decline OCS, response required by XXXXXX", there were people that did lose their spot.

Noble-6

You should be prepared to go anytime after the "date available" you put on the paperwork, should you get a date after your date available you don't like you better have a good reason, sometimes there will be a program manager that will adjust and sometimes not, I saw a few people that wanted to change the date and the email back was "they ship on the date given or decline OCS, response required by XXXXXX", there were people that did lose their spot.

Understood - thanks for the info!