• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

David Y

October 29 board. :D I'm really anxious, but definitely not sweating yet.
I was also selected 29 Oct as pilot. Just like you, anxiously awaiting. As is my wife, I think she is more anxious than I am, which I think is either good or bad! Hopefully we have some answer sooner rather than later. What is your designator?

Pcola1990

I was also selected 29 Oct as pilot. Just like you, anxiously awaiting. As is my wife, I think she is more anxious than I am, which I think is either good or bad! Hopefully we have some answer sooner rather than later.

Haha! I feel ya. My wife is same way at times.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
@NavyOffRec I've heard rumors that a lot of the SWO option intel guys end up getting re-des to their respective IDC community before shipping to OCS. In your time is there any truth to this?

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec I've heard rumors that a lot of the SWO option intel guys end up getting re-des to their respective IDC community before shipping to OCS. In your time is there any truth to this?

RUFIO would know better than I would, in my time the answer was no, remember SWO option guys are very small numbers, single digits in most cases.

DDE1990

RUFIO would know better than I would, in my time the answer was no, remember SWO option guys are very small numbers, single digits in most cases.

Thank you, sir. @RUFiO181 ... Is this still the case in your experience? Also (question for either of you gentlemen) do the SWO option intel guys generally get lumped with SWO selects or Intel selects when it comes to FINSELs...?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you, sir. @RUFiO181 ... Is this still the case in your experience? Also (question for either of you gentlemen) do the SWO option intel guys generally get lumped with SWO selects or Intel selects when it comes to FINSELs...?

to be clear you are SWO-IW not SWO-Intel correct? there is a difference but as far as I know SWO-Intel is zero quota

DDE1990

all the ones I saw were with IDC, both on this site and when I was at the NRD, some had significantly longer wait times then SWO's

Thanks for the info. That doesn't bode well when SWO candidates from June are still waiting for their FINSEL....

Bluecore

Hey all, forgot to check in here!

Got picked up for SWO in the Oct. 6 board. Went to board for NFO as well on the 29th and didn't get picked up because of my own oversight due to my age (my package wasn't as good as the people who got selected anyways).

Like most from the Oct. 6 board, I have not heard anything.

Non-prior, just turned 27 so I am not age critical. No special circumstances to speak of. Pretty much the definition of purgatory for me, heh.

Lancerr1

I was also selected 29 Oct as pilot. Just like you, anxiously awaiting. As is my wife, I think she is more anxious than I am, which I think is either good or bad! Hopefully we have some answer sooner rather than later. What is your designator?

I just got word that my FinSel is awaiting PM signature yesterday, so I'm going to call back on Tuesday and see if I've got it yet. @RUFiO181 , do you know when the CNRC office closes for Thanksgiving?

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
With the beginning of hunting season in Maryland, purgatory just got that much more bearable (Thank god). I have a feeling the bulk of us October 29th guys/girls won't get FINSELS until December or Jan. and most of us will likely be going to Newport anywhere from Feb-April. For you age critical guys and everyone else starting soon good luck. Hopefully see you soon!