• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

priorguy

I know it's probably been said several times. But SWO FINSEL lettters take forever. The turn around isn't as fast as air designators and it could be because there is an abundant of SWO officers! At least that's what one of the ORs had told me once. I hope you hear back soon!
If that were the case, wouldn't you think the selection rate would be extremely low and not as frequent?

fmrarmy1

Just received the call from my OR and scheduled my pre-screen interview. Has everyone had to conduct the pre-screen, even those with current TS/SCI clearances?

RMP

Looks good to me
I am a bit envious of your situation. I was PRO REC from the June Supply board and I have still not even received as much as a tentative report date. Some say the wait before the PRO REC is the hardest, but I strongly disagree. Atleast you know when the board date is, if the board was held, and when to expect the results. Because of my irripensible enthusiasm for becoming a Naval Officer, and the fact that I am prone to chronic anxiety; these last five months have been the longest five years of my life. I get a little annoyed when I see an aviation designator go from PRO REC to FIN SEL in a matter of days. But hey, I guess that's to be expected considering the whole "line officer vs. Staff officer" dynamic.

Chronic anxiety? I smell... PDQ!!!!

Tasha

If that were the case, wouldn't you think the selection rate would be extremely low and not as frequent?
You would think, right? I asked the same question. Its a community always in demand,though. Like all communities there will be a slight lull.

Chronic anxiety? I smell... PDQ!!!!

lol.
Don't be mean. :p haha
Make sure no one sees that you have chronic anxiety! That wouldn't be good!

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Just received the call from my OR and scheduled my pre-screen interview. Has everyone had to conduct the pre-screen, even those with current TS/SCI clearances?

I have current TS and I just completed the SCI pre-screen. It's very straight forward. The woman who conducts them is very nice.

Chop Shop

You would think, right? I asked the same question. Its a community always in demand,though. Like all communities there will be a slight lull.

I honestly believe that having some anxiety is not a bad thing. It means that you actually care a lot about something. Anxiety is an unavoidable byproduct of the pursuit of quality, and continuous improvement. I think this may serve me well as I carry out my duties as a Suppo.

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
Civilian. With a pretty good job. It is boring as hell and makes me want to rip my eyes out but now that I know the end is in sight I can just hang out, collect my check, and take it easy.

I'm in the same boat but now I'm just happy to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Chop Shop

I'm in the same boat but now I'm just happy to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I had a job like that. Decided to put in my notice as soon as I got my pro rec. Might as well enjoy my freedom for a couple months before I dedicate the next 25 years to making flag. :cool:

otejay

Call it anxiety, call it whatever! All I know is that I spend more time on this website than I do in all social networks combined. First message that started this thread was 100% right: misery does love some company.

cem118

I had a job like that. Decided to put in my notice as soon as I got my pro rec. Might as well enjoy my freedom for a couple months before I dedicate the next 25 years to making flag. :cool:
I thought about that but not working is also boring. And I do not want to blow through my savings traveling. I figure I will keep the job, put in my 8 hours a day, and PT like the devil. I'm cranking out pushups every half hour all day long. I think I am in good shape but hitting 100 straight is coming to me hard as hell.

CCTXNATIVE

Just waiting for a call or email...
myfacewhilewaitingforittoload_97763284cc024193ded2f45d572c0e98.jpg

Good afternoon everyone. Question for anybody with some insight regarding FinSel letters. ProRec Y SNFO and SWO(2nd choice). Age critical and waiting on letter. Background check is already complete. I've been reading avaition letters seem to be coming relatively quickly. My recruiter has talked to NRD, they know I am age critical and didn't apply for a waiver and also said "it should be coming very soon." Anyone else in the same boat? I know everyone is waiting but wondering is there is another path to check the status instead of "waiting for it to come soon." Anyone with some insight I appreciate it!