• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

otejay

I got pro rec'd Y for SWO in June - haven't heard a word. Also, judging by the quick turn around for Air designators, it might still be a while for even myself. I believe there were also about 2 or 3 boards after mine and before Oct/Nov. Take a number, folks....

Yeah, that's what I thought. I think there was one in August and a couple in October. Haven't seen any directly after June though. My OR said that my letter is with the program manager and the time it gets done depends on whether or not they run out of funding for this specific part of the process. Hopefully we don't have to wait until next fiscal year for funding.

I wonder how many of us are holding that ticket stub....

Jacob G.

Hey guys, I got a surprisingly quick turnaround for my FS. It looks like I have a report date of a chilly January 18. Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of you non-prior, non-age critical selectees.
Captgiggles, are you prior/age crit? Sorry for the ignorance...

Captgiggles, are you prior/age crit? Sorry for the ignorance...
Negative. 23 non-prior, was pro-rec Y for SNA on November 3. I really don't know why the finsel came around so fast. I probably have one of the most civilian resumes here. Went to college at 18, graduated around 22, and been working as an accountant since then. No letters of recommendation from military personnel, no relatives or military ties other than OR.

I thought I was going to get hung up in purgatory for a while, due to the security clearance. My parents are immigrants with all of our relatives back in the old country, and I've been to 17 countries in the past 7 years, with half of them being solo backpacking trips. I thought for sure I would be spending a lot of time explaining those items.

Chop Shop

Negative. 23 non-prior, was pro-rec Y for SNA on November 3. I really don't know why the finsel came around so fast. I probably have one of the most civilian resumes here. Went to college at 18, graduated around 22, and been working as an accountant since then. No letters of recommendation from military personnel, no relatives or military ties other than OR.

I thought I was going to get hung up in purgatory for a while, due to the security clearance. My parents are immigrants with all of our relatives back in the old country, and I've been to 17 countries in the past 7 years, with half of them being solo backpacking trips. I thought for sure I would be spending a lot of time explaining those items.
I am a bit envious of your situation. I was PRO REC from the June Supply board and I have still not even received as much as a tentative report date. Some say the wait before the PRO REC is the hardest, but I strongly disagree. Atleast you know when the board date is, if the board was held, and when to expect the results. Because of my irripensible enthusiasm for becoming a Naval Officer, and the fact that I am prone to chronic anxiety; these last five months have been the longest five years of my life. I get a little annoyed when I see an aviation designator go from PRO REC to FIN SEL in a matter of days. But hey, I guess that's to be expected considering the whole "line officer vs. Staff officer" dynamic.

cem118

Checking in. Got PRO REC earlier this week for SWO/OCEANO. To be honest, with that weight off my shoulders, I am not anxious at all about FIN SEL. They can take months if they want. But I am so used to checking this forum everyday that I figured I would join the conversation.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Checking in. Got PRO REC earlier this week for SWO/OCEANO. To be honest, with that weight off my shoulders, I am not anxious at all about FIN SEL. They can take months if they want. But I am so used to checking this forum everyday that I figured I would join the conversation.
Welcome and congratulations. Are you active duty or a civilian? I am just wondering because you say you don't mind the wait.

cem118

Welcome and congratulations. Are you active duty or a civilian? I am just wondering because you say you don't mind the wait.

Civilian. With a pretty good job. It is boring as hell and makes me want to rip my eyes out but now that I know the end is in sight I can just hang out, collect my check, and take it easy.

egardell

I am a bit envious of your situation. I was PRO REC from the June Supply board and I have still not even received as much as a tentative report date. Some say the wait before the PRO REC is the hardest, but I strongly disagree. Atleast you know when the board date is, if the board was held, and when to expect the results. Because of my irripensible enthusiasm for becoming a Naval Officer, and the fact that I am prone to chronic anxiety; these last five months have been the longest five years of my life. I get a little annoyed when I see an aviation designator go from PRO REC to FIN SEL in a matter of days. But hey, I guess that's to be expected considering the whole "line officer vs. Staff officer" dynamic.

Ahh that's frustrating to hear. I'm waiting to hear back on my PRO REC from the Nov. Supply Board. I was hoping to maybe get a May or June FIN SEL date if accepted. But it's sounding like it'll be a little longer. As long as I get a PRO REC though, I'll wait as long as the Navy wants me to.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E

You only need a secret clearance to fly, so there's not a lot that needs to get done to push your clearance through. Those kinds of questions would only get asked/become an issue if you were applying for a TS. I spent about 6 months explaining myself, as my story is pretty similar to yours. One of my recently visited countries was Cuba, too, which was an interesting conversation.

torpedotor

Yeah, that's what I thought. I think there was one in August and a couple in October. Haven't seen any directly after June though. My OR said that my letter is with the program manager and the time it gets done depends on whether or not they run out of funding for this specific part of the process. Hopefully we don't have to wait until next fiscal year for funding.

I wonder how many of us are holding that ticket stub....
I was also pro-rec Y for SWO in June. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's been waiting this long. Anyone (like Rufio or NavyOffRec) wanna take a guess at when the June SWOs might get slotted?

fmrarmy1

I was Pro-Rec Y for 1830 Intel for the September 2014 IDC board. I received the notification from my recruiter yesterday and thought I would post in this forum for the first time and join you all in final select purgatory. My recruiter made the statement he anticipates a quick turn around on the FS letter, but I am not holding my breath.

Tasha

I know it's probably been said several times. But SWO FINSEL lettters take forever. The turn around isn't as fast as air designators and it could be because there is an abundant of SWO officers! At least that's what one of the ORs had told me once. I hope you hear back soon!