• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

exNavyOffRec

Didn't know OCS classes were loaded in CANTRAC. ..... sweet deal. I just hope to get a class date that's as soon as possible. I just want to finally be wearing bars.

FYI, just because a class shows space in CANTRAC doesn't mean it does, until they get the documents signed after enlistment will the space be reflected as taken, NRC maintains their own list they send out to NRD OPS and that list would have classes filled while CANTRAC showed them open.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I am just mainly concerned about the dates for the classes. It is good to know them so that I can plan accordingly. Obviously I don't know which class I will be in. I would really like to land myself in a FEB or MAR class. It would be ideal for my family. However, being in the Navy already, I know that nothing ever truly works out 100% in my favor.

mizzouzk

Fly big stuff
Checking in for SNA purgatory. Its good to have some idea of when I might leave. Dumb question but can I relax and assume im in and wont get a call saying....sorry we changed our mind?

Whitefoot

None
FYI, just because a class shows space in CANTRAC doesn't mean it does, until they get the documents signed after enlistment will the space be reflected as taken, NRC maintains their own list they send out to NRD OPS and that list would have classes filled while CANTRAC showed them open.
This is good to know because I was curious as to why there were so many open seats that I know have been filled by people on here.

CCTXNATIVE

I just went in and did my fingerprinting...apparently everything is done and now we wait for the FINSEL. Since medical was cleared before the board, I don't have to do another one until I report to OCS.

Raul B

Checking into the FIN-SEL wait...just did fingerprints with the OR today as well. He thinks 2-3 weeks until the letter because they're gonna try and get it to us before holidays...hopefully he's right. I'm holding off on telling my boss until I get that letter, but I want to give enough time for them to find another person for me to train before I have to leave. Anyone else still working dealing with same?

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
Checking into purgatory, the Octobert 29th discussion either makes me sad for those not accepted or incredibly pissed off at those who want to politely decline an offer. I started my application last January so a little more waiting with the peace of mind that I am in won't kill me. Have a feeling around March or April the majority of us will get to experience OCS ... Good thing we will be working out a lot because when we come out freshly minted Ensigns we are going to have to fight the women off us haha. Congrats again to everyone who got selected this week. I've never felt happier.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Now that most of my command knows I was selected, I seem to get a lot of questions from the officers about what platform I hope to fly on. I always feel like this is a trick question for seem reason. Anybody else who is active duty get this a lot?

00Heath

Checking into the FIN-SEL wait...just did fingerprints with the OR today as well. He thinks 2-3 weeks until the letter because they're gonna try and get it to us before holidays...hopefully he's right. I'm holding off on telling my boss until I get that letter, but I want to give enough time for them to find another person for me to train before I have to leave. Anyone else still working dealing with same?

My OR gave me the same timeline, I hope he's right. Would like to get OCS over with ASAP!

mizzouzk

Fly big stuff
My OR gave me the same timeline, I hope he's right. Would like to get OCS over with ASAP!
Mine said he's thinking January for the letter... But he hasn't dealt with aviation boards in awhile. Are we talking pre-cyber Monday holiday?? Or more like Christmas time for the letter?

00Heath

Mine said he's thinking January for the letter... But he hasn't dealt with aviation boards in awhile. Are we talking pre-cyber Monday holiday?? Or more like Christmas time for the letter?

I was told 2 weeks but I'm not holding my breath. That would be a phenomenal turnaround.