• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feinstein to introduce AWB in January

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't know how the 47/51% ended up in the AWB debate, but it is interesting that most of the blue states are those that give more to the federal government than they receive, while the red ones are the reverse. I agree that our situation is a big shit sandwich, and everyone needs to take a bite, but I think a lot of the people who bitch about moochers and such are actually the ones sucking hardest on the tit--they either don't realize it or are in denial. I know there are some farmers out there bitching about big city welfare moms as they go to cash their six-figure farm subsidy check, for example. By the way, I bet there are more than a couple guys with both legs blown off and are getting disability who are part of the 47%--fuck those losers, right?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It's also interesting that the federal government has placed all Officers on this board in the top two quintiles of household income earners and some in the top 5%, depending on rank, when you factor in all the allowances and special pays.

Where Romney got his statistic is that 3/5 quintiles of household income brackets and part of the 4th fall into the bottom 2 quintiles of tax brackets, which have an effective income tax rate of 2% and 9%, respectively.

Renegade One

None
It's also interesting that the federal government has placed all Officers on this board in the top two quintiles of household income earners and some in the top 5%, depending on rank, when you factor in all the allowances and special pays.
Winners..winners...Chicken Dinners!

Y'all rock.

(Note to self: Google "quintile". Might be important...)

P.S.: Not sure all allowances and special pays are taxable...

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I live about 5 minutes from the Cheaper Than Dirt retail store and catalog pickup desk in Ft. Worth, they had pmags advertised for 11.95 this week. I walk in the store the next day to buy a bunch only to find the price has gone to 29.95 overnight under the guise of "our cost went up so your's has to as well". Not to mention, there was not a single semi-automatic rifle left in the store that usually has a 40ft wall covered in all varieties and all of the .223/5.56 in the store and warehouse was gone. I'd be willing to say this is going on nationwide.

MasterBates

Numbers are about right for Norfolk. I'm making substantially more on paper, but have about the same take home I did as a LT over ten.. do have a lot more in benefits as far as stock purchase and 401k matching though, so I'm putting 4x the savings away as I did in the Navy

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

phrogpilot73

Does anybody have a source of 5.56? I'm getting nothing here.
Cabela's has some in stock. If you ever have trouble finding some, use ammoseek.com. It'll search all in-stock stuff and sort by price per round. Looks like the cheapest (non-tracer) is now $0.60/round. Last week is was ~$0.30/round. Now, truth be told - that was Wolf/Tulammo - but good luck finding some of that these days.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Cabela's has some in stock. If you ever have trouble finding some, use ammoseek.com. It'll search all in-stock stuff and sort by price per round. Looks like the cheapest (non-tracer) is now $0.60/round. Last week is was ~$0.30/round. Now, truth be told - that was Wolf/Tulammo - but good luck finding some of that these days.

Thanks. I've never had a problem finding it before. Just go to the store and that's it. Not now.

Renegade One

None
May be time to invest in a good quality progressive loader if you're a serious shooter. I never got into it, but it's supposed to be cheaper in the long run.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
That's damn good advice. I don't own any evil black rifles, just a deer rifle and a couple of handguns, but if this is the way prices are going to be, reloading makes a ton of sense!

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I had a feeling this was coming (with the re-election of the Pres) so I'm sitting pretty on about 3,000 loaded rounds of M855, plus enough supplies to load about 8,000 rounds of 55gr FMJ. That's in 5.56/.223 alone. Winning.

A Dillon 550 loader is worth its weight in gold.