• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 2012 SNA OCS Board

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
If your OR isn't submitting your final kit by tomorrow 12/22 there might not be anyone to submit it, many NRD's are taking a 4 day so tomorrow is the last day of work, I would check. In addition I myself hate to submit kits less than one week prior to the deadline since if the NRC processor finds a mistake and kicks it back you could miss the board, on one of my first applicants I had this happen, they said the transcripts weren't clear, we could read them but they couldn't.

It got submitted today. Had all my older paperwork. Got a letter stating I had graduated and what my newest GPA was from my college advisor. The ORs at the recruiting office really helped me out getting this all in for this board. I had planned for a "possible April board". They decided to let me do a reconsideration. Lined up two officer interviews also for me in two days. We also made sure all my old information was updated to the newest forms. Hoping it all goes well.

exNavyOffRec

Did they have you redo the paperwork from the old paperwork? We have had some forms update so depending on when the paperwork was last done some of the forms may have been revised.

NavyNole

Does anyone know how long forms, LORs, and other letters added to your kit (for medical stuff) are good for? On my OCS application checklist, it only says the SF86 expires in 6 months, but it doesn't say anything about LORs, additional letters/info, and the APSR expiring...

exNavyOffRec

In general everything "expires" after 6 months, submitting anything with a date that will be greater than 6 months when the board meets could be rejected, this is what happened with 2 of my applicants for the last board. They do tend to be lienient on LOR's though, I have had them fly up to 7 months.

A common reject from NRC is for using old forms, they generally give no leeway anymore.

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
Did they have you redo the paperwork from the old paperwork? We have had some forms update so depending on when the paperwork was last done some of the forms may have been revised.

Yes we got all new paperwork I believe. We also put more information into the system for the background checks. I got married recently so all of that information was added. Hoping nothing was missed. We fine combed my kit as much as we could in the time we had.

exNavyOffRec

Yes we got all new paperwork I believe. We also put more information into the system for the background checks. I got married recently so all of that information was added. Hoping nothing was missed. We fine combed my kit as much as we could in the time we had.
If an OR has the old kit it doesn't take long to redo paperwork, with the exception of the LOR's I can redo an entire kit in 30 minutes.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
Future Sailor here, currently DEP'd as AV and waiting on taking the DLAB, considering CTI. I was contacted DEC16 about putting in an SNA/SNFO packet for the board in January. So I did. It went skidding sideways and upside down over the finish line at recruiting headquarters on the 22nd.

3.1 GPA mass communications
8/9/8 61 ASTB
4 LoRs, 3 employers and 1 professor
Wrestled varsity level as a sophomore in high school.
Various student leadership positions as a PA, for the student paper (writer of the year here), summer camps, etc.
Retail management.

Is it unusual to be contacted on such short notice to put in a packet? Additionally, this was something I've always wanted, but I had previously decided to enlist first, get some experience, raise my GPA, and swing from there. However, being a naval officer is my end goal, and being a pilot was an absolute pipe dream up until now. I should have educated myself more on how this stuff works, it seems.

edit: it was the 16th.

exNavyOffRec

What they are doing is a CYA, they were supposed to have talked to you before you depped in, it is a requirement and they should have filled out a NAVCRUIT 1133/98 that is supposed to be signed by an Officer Recruiter BEFORE the classifier can give you a job and let you swear in.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
I had already filled out that form, with the officer recruiter's signature, stating that I was passing on the officer application. I was then contacted by an LT saying that they were short on applicants, and he would like to extend me the opportunity to do this. I just hope that I took full advantage of it.

exNavyOffRec

In that case I would say "short on applicants" means someone didn't/wasn't doing their job and needed activity to show they were working, with the number of kits rec'd at NRC there is no shortage there.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
Well, of course.

Now I'm just hoping that what you had said in another thread w.r.t. pfar holds true. Will it be reflected in my packet that I was only given 6 days to pull everything together (not that I think it suffered as a result)?

exNavyOffRec

They don't know how long it took an individual to put everything together, everything dated right before the board cutoff date could be due to an applicant not being pro active, a recruiter that is just not available, or a person like yourself who puts in a package last minute for whatever reason.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
Sounds like I should have just chose to apply rather than wait for the call from the LT. Thanks for the information!

exNavyOffRec

Some good news for Pilots, it appears if you have a good PFAR and gpa over 3 you chances aren't bad, so far I am told about 175 application processed for 50 spots, but several barely meet PA such as GPA 2.5-2.7 and PFAR less than 7.

On the bad side if anything was not readable or missing it probably is not going to make the board.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
If my package didn't make the board would I have been notified by now, or should I e-mail/call/text my recruiter?