• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Hello!
Yes, I've been told I have a Final Select letter coming, that I am cleared Final Select and have an "unofficial" class date...next MONTH! The issue now revolves around the fact that my letter has yet to arrive, and that I cannot sign papers and swear in until it does. I also cannot apply for a USAA loan--I'd love to pay off my car!
Anyone else being told that there are back-ups in the dept. dealing with Final Select letters?

I've been told not to make arrangements until I get the letter, but also have heard of people heading out to OCS before they got the letter. How was that possible?
Also, I've had to request military leave from my current employer, and gave my notice so that my boss could train my replacement. The Navy assured me that they would give me at least 2 weeks of notice before I have to report. Is it common to have to wait so long for a Final Select Letters, or could my "class" date be a waiting pool for possible openings in other classes?
Thanks!
congratulations man! Good work!

Hope to be in your class too.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
My OR just informed me that someone forget to put a particular piece of paper in my packet for FS. So I guess it made it to the review board and then got sent back. That just set me back by a good two to three weeks ahhhhhhh!!!:icon_rage I am really hoping it is not a longer wait than that considering I have been waiting for over six weeks now.

Why does this process have to be so dang complicated?

acwildcat

pilot
My OR just informed me that someone forget to put a particular piece of paper in my packet for FS. So I guess it made it to the review board and then got sent back. That just set me back by a good two to three weeks ahhhhhhh!!!:icon_rage I am really hoping it is not a longer wait than that considering I have been waiting for over six weeks now.

Why does this process have to be so dang complicated?

Lol I'm in your same boat. They apparently forgot to send my fingerprints for the background check so that set me back a couple weeks. Hopefully everything gets take care of soon

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Man, I think all the January selectees will have graduated by the time we class up. Well, getting final select later is better than never.

acwildcat

pilot
Are there any other BDCP people out there who got pro-recd in Feb and have not gotten their final selects?

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I am just curious, how many people are still waiting on Final Selects from this month? I know my paperwork got screwed up at least once, so I am counting on a longer wait than most. It seemed like everyone from January was at least Final Selected by now after over three months of waiting.

Just wondering if I need to start bugging my OR more than I already do, about once every two weeks.:D I get the sense that everyone is basically in the same "boat" but I just want to make sure I am not getting passed up.

Falk

FS SNA
I'm still waiting. I would suggest bugging your OR as much as you can without pissing him off. I hit about half a dozen roadbumps and I don't think he came to me about any of them. Every time I would call him and ask him to check what was taking so long and he would realize that there was some problem that needed to be taken care of. Basically I think they have so many people to look after that if you aren't constantly reminding them about your package they'll just forget about it. At least thats the way it seems to me.

acwildcat

pilot
I am still waiting as well. I had to fax my JPAS pages in about 15 times so I think I have passed all the roadblocks and I am just waiting now. Hopefully everyone who is still waiting will get some good news soon

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Pro-rec'd in Feb. Waiting on getting some med waivers so I can get final select. How are the class up dates coming? How far out?

Falk

FS SNA
Just got a heads up from my recruiter. It looks like my final select letter has been drafted (but not signed yet). As of right now I'll be going to OCS on Sept. 27. He is trying to have that moved up, we'll see if I get lucky.