• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Thats horrible. I'm so sorry. You have no idea why? Maybe it was something on your security clearance? Like one of your references said more than he should have?
Thanks for the condolences, it is a truly horrible feeling going from the high of PRO REC to the sudden drop of FINAL SELECT denied.

I read each one of my references and they were awesome. I was really touched actually by the glowing reviews. I didn't make it that far to security clearance (as far as I know). We were trying to get medical stuff squared away and I had just signed the papers for the background/security check when suddenly the word came down that I was denied.

I suspect my age may have something to do with it but I figured if I made PRO Rec especially in such a competitive field, then final select would be ok too.

Ugh. Now I'm trying to sort out my next move and rid myself of the "icky feeling".

Good luck to the rest of you JAN/FEB boys with final select.

swerdna

None
Contributor
Thanks for the condolences, it is a truly horrible feeling going from the high of PRO REC to the sudden drop of FINAL SELECT denied.

I read each one of my references and they were awesome. I was really touched actually by the glowing reviews. I didn't make it that far to security clearance (as far as I know). We were trying to get medical stuff squared away and I had just signed the papers for the background/security check when suddenly the word came down that I was denied.

I suspect my age may have something to do with it but I figured if I made PRO Rec especially in such a competitive field, then final select would be ok too.

Ugh. Now I'm trying to sort out my next move and rid myself of the "icky feeling".

Good luck to the rest of you JAN/FEB boys with final select.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Did you do your PRT? You have to score at least a Good Low to earn FS.

Are you going to reapply? I am speculating, but it could be something as simple as the program you applied for being full, or manning levels reduced.

I'm still waiting on my FS from Jan.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Oh man, I am back in action! It turns out they sent the letter to the wrong person. I am not denied after all. It was just an administrative error, thank God. Looks like it's back to waiting for Final Select like the rest of you. Physical/MEPS next week, then more waiting.

Any Feb selects hear back for Final yet?

alpineskier

gear up, Newspaper, your airplane
pilot
I am still awaiting hearing back about final select from the feb board. I had my prt/meps done the week before the feb boards. I heard back from my recruiter saying my security clearance had been done but my fingerprints were lost so he had to fed ex them last week. Hopefully hear something soon (tomorrow would be outstanding). good luck with the waiting

SWOHopeful

Oh man, I am back in action! It turns out they sent the letter to the wrong person. I am not denied after all. It was just an administrative error, thank God. Looks like it's back to waiting for Final Select like the rest of you. Physical/MEPS next week, then more waiting.

Thats crazy man, but congrats on being right back on the saddle!

Nice to have you back in the waiting pool jorgelito, I'm sure that was a huge weight back off your chest. Did they address the letter to you or did it just say that you had been denied? Congrats!

Falk

FS SNA

Congrats dude. Getting that news had to be an awesome feeling. What a weird series of events. Anyway, now you get to wait some more with the rest of us...

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor

Great news for you. Absolutely shocking that they messed you up like that at first

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Hey guys, I got my final on friday, swore in today. I am BDCP and have heard the FS usually come faster for them, however YMMV. Good luck and be patient serveral times I was told this week and it ended up taking longer. Stay in touch with your recruiter too, they can really help make things happen faster (other than FS that is).

alpineskier

pilot
Any straight OCS Pro Rec from feb recieve their F.S yet. I am still awaiting... Hopefully sometime soon.

alpineskier

pilot
Wow, ironic, an hour after my last post my recruiter called me with the good news. Final Select, class date Aug 02. hang in there to all who are still waiting.

Falk

FS SNA
Wow, ironic, an hour after my last post my recruiter called me with the good news. Final Select, class date Aug 02. hang in there to all who are still waiting.

Congrats Alpine. Did you ask for such a late OCS start date? I've read on the boards about people who were sent off with less than two weeks warning. To answer your earlier question, I'm still waiting...

alpineskier

pilot
yeah, I have to stand up in a wedding in late June so on my app I put a start date of after July 15th. I was a little nervous that maybe that was why it was taking so long was because I wasnt someone with an ASAP start date. Hang in there, the call with come.

A.S

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
signed many papers and swore in today. Really good feeling. gave me a nice kick in the ass to focus on school. can't wait to be there.

Alpine one of my good freinds from highschool will also be in the Aug 02 class, as SNA.

lyricsavvy

SWO, ENG-R- KILL!
Where are the letters?!

Any straight OCS Pro Rec from feb recieve their F.S yet. I am still awaiting... Hopefully sometime soon.

Hello!
Yes, I've been told I have a Final Select letter coming, that I am cleared Final Select and have an "unofficial" class date...next MONTH! The issue now revolves around the fact that my letter has yet to arrive, and that I cannot sign papers and swear in until it does. I also cannot apply for a USAA loan--I'd love to pay off my car!
Anyone else being told that there are back-ups in the dept. dealing with Final Select letters?

I've been told not to make arrangements until I get the letter, but also have heard of people heading out to OCS before they got the letter. How was that possible?
Also, I've had to request military leave from my current employer, and gave my notice so that my boss could train my replacement. The Navy assured me that they would give me at least 2 weeks of notice before I have to report. Is it common to have to wait so long for a Final Select Letters, or could my "class" date be a waiting pool for possible openings in other classes?
Thanks!