• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
I had to go back to MEPS for an "inspect" because my physical was over 90 days prior. I also had to produce a doctor's note saying that I no longer have, or suffer symptoms of, infant jaundice. It took about 3 weeks for that to clear up, even though I got everything they needed the day after they asked. And, it took 2 weeks for them to decide whether I needed an "inspect" or not. I took it the following Monday. Good luck! I'm still waiting on my f.s.

alpineskier

gear up, Newspaper, your airplane
pilot
hey all,

Im still waiting for a hopeful F.S as well. My paperwork was all in last week. i have heard of no hang ups for myself yet (cross my fingers). I had to put a OCS date of july becuase I am standing up in my best friends wedding so I am wondering if there will be a delay due to that. Anyway good luck to all.

Alpine

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
Just got my PRT out of the way today now all I have left is MEPS...
70 su, 50 pu, 11:31 1.5 mile run. I could have increased my su and pu numbers but my recruiter stoped me just over my minumium.

That run was real fun in the middle of a storm! I guess it was good practice for OCS. One word of advice, don't do all your running on a treadmill, there is no rain, wind or gravel on it. I had a 10:30 1.5 mile run time on the treadmill, I had to give it everything I had to get the 11:31 time.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Well just continue to PT and get your paperwork squared away while we wait for final select.

Good luck everyone and hang in there!

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Just got my PRT out of the way today now all I have left is MEPS...
70 su, 50 pu, 11:31 1.5 mile run. I could have increased my su and pu numbers but my recruiter stoped me just over my minumium.

That run was real fun in the middle of a storm! I guess it was good practice for OCS. One word of advice, don't do all your running on a treadmill, there is no rain, wind or gravel on it. I had a 10:30 1.5 mile run time on the treadmill, I had to give it everything I had to get the 11:31 time.
Good job man! Good call on training in a different medium. Even on a track is better than the treadmill. Keep it up.

alpineskier

gear up, Newspaper, your airplane
pilot
this thread is fairly dead, but I thought I'd ask... I was a pro rec in feb, any of yall hear back on F.S yet? I talked to my recruiter and he said I should know fairly soon if not by the end of the week. Seeing if anymore of you recieved your final select and what dates ya'll got.

A.S

FEB pre-rec here as well. No word on my FS yet either...but I had the flu right as the results came out so it took me a couple weeks to get the PFA done. My OR is speculating that I should get a date in May when the FS does come back, but that is just his best guess. Good luck, hopefully we get there sooner than later!

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Hmmm, I guess we're the slow group, or at least it seems that way. I'm still waiting to take the physical again.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I just got my MEPS done today, that was that last item left before final select. Six hours out of my life I am never going to get back, although I did get a free lunch.:)

My OR said to expect a final select in a couple of weeks, he wasn't sure about an OCS class date. It just depends on how fast classes fill up at this point.

redsox06

BDCP SWO
I was a BDCP SWO pro-rec for February. All my paperwork was in a few weeks ago. Is it true that the BDCP applicants typically get the final selects a bit faster since they don't do the whole background check prior to swearing in? I'm not sure if that is correct, but I remember hearing that somewhere.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Oh man, FINAL SELECT DENIED!!

I just got off the phone with a Chief working on my app. I am in shock at the moment, not sure what to think. Apparently there is no recourse. I think this might be the end of the road for me :(

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
I don't mind.

But I've been told they don't give out reasons for denial. My recruiter is calling around though trying to find out.

Falk

FS SNA
Oh man, FINAL SELECT DENIED!!

I just got off the phone with a Chief working on my app. I am in shock at the moment, not sure what to think. Apparently there is no recourse. I think this might be the end of the road for me :(

Thats horrible. I'm so sorry. You have no idea why? Maybe it was something on your security clearance? Like one of your references said more than he should have?