• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

Hey guys, If my package didn't make it for the Jan board then it will look like this for the Feb Board.

Applying SNA: Graduated in may with 3.0 GPA from James Madison University B.A. Business Admin. concentration in Marketing

Treasurer in Fraternity, put together charity dog walk for SPCA, did stuff for Children's Miracle Network.

48 on ASTB prob should retake but only if not selected

Single Engine Land private Pilot's license approx 50 hours and working on instrument rating

LOR's: 2, 0-7 Brig. Gens AF
2, 0-6 USA and Ret. F-14 pilot
1, 0-5 Ret. P-3 pilot

g'luck everyone

blackjaw

I'm hoping to apply for February boards as well and take the ASTB tomorrow. I'll update this post with my stats after I finish that exam. I've taken the opportunity to finish most of my package except the ASTB, so hopefully I can squeeze it in for February (barring any eff up on the exam or major additional requirements my OR gives me).

MidWestEwo

None
I will be in the February boards as long as I can get my medical records in by wednesday. I believe the due date for everything is the 21st? Anyway, I am a behavioral sciences major.. 3.2.. ASTB 49 5/5/5... Eagle scout, scout leader, other extra curriculars, and hopefully a whole lot of luck on this app. Good luck everyone!

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Been reading through here for awhile. Hoping to have everything sent in for the Feb boards as well.

ASTB 52 6/6/6
GPA 2.3, BS in Biological Sciences (shitty, I know)
Applying NFO, SWO, and Supply
Lots of community service
LORs from an AF Major and a Ret. Adm.
Interview with a Cmdr
Made it through MEPS with flying colors, despite a knee surgery and 3 shoulder surgeries

Waiting on the Adm's LOR to come in to send everything off...

Double_A

First let me say thank you AW for everything you have helped me with.

I am in the same boat as bmaru. I have every part of my package complete minus my physical and PRT because I am waiting on some medical documents. Hopefully I can get in for Feb. but its starting to look more like March. Here is my package anyway:

Applying BDCP SNA only
20, 21 in a few days...yay
ASTB 8/8/8 62
3.63 GPA in Construction Engineering at Iowa State University (Graduating May 2011)

Member of a couple college clubs, 50+ hours of community service last summer
2 Part time jobs
High School Football and Track
USNA and USAFA summer seminars
High School JROTC
No run-ins with the law

LOR's:
University President (former Naval Officer)-was in a small leadership class he taught
Ret. Army O-8
Employer
High School Football Coach
High School Teacher

No Flight Experience

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
If you sent your kit in before the 15th of December it "should" be there for January, as the 15th was the deadline. Contact your OR or the NRD and give them your name, they should be able to tell you.

If you are up for January, good luck.

Reno, when did you submit? Was it after the 15DEC ?

I was told by my OR that the 15th prior is just for a buffer to ensure it gets into the board before the flood of others, and that the 1st of the month is really the latest anyone could hope to get in (even though most going straight OCS would be rolled over to the following month). Basically, the earlier the better, as you're trying to get in the system and work towards the top. I'm hoping that it's not too competitive (or packed with applicants) from the gap in boards over the winter holidays, as there might be more applicants in line now and some of us would roll a board or two.

Anyways, I'm in the boat with most of you...was supposed to be in the January boards, but since I was over the weight limit I have to wait (definitely no pun intended) to apply until after I meet regs. I was previously told I could apply and then have to meet it before final select, but I guess not. So hopefully I'll be in come February - realistically though, March looks more like it.

BDCP - SNA only
23 years old
66/9/9/9
No PRT yet, but in my current shape - 50pu, 60su, 11:00 1.5mi.....will have a decent score in the next month or so
3.25 GPA B.A. Political Science, University of North Texas
LOR's: AF O-6 pilot (coworker, director of safety), Navy O-5 pilot (coworker, chief pilot), director of ops (boss - since my boss/dad can't write one), university department chair (from a former school), AF O-4 pilot/instructor (local Justice of the Peace/Judge/family friend)
100+ hours of unlogged flight time, including turbine experience...I was dumb as a teenager and didn't bother to get the ratings when I had the time to spare, lol
Roughly 50 hours/year community service, through our church or other organizations
4 years church musician/youth group leader
Former AFROTC cadet, flight/squadron commander

If you sent your kit in before the 15th of December it "should" be there for January, as the 15th was the deadline. Contact your OR or the NRD and give them your name, they should be able to tell you.

I had everything to my recruiter on the 12th but I think it didnt get sent until around the 22nd(They had to wait to get the employer refrences back which kind of was strange to me because my LOR's were all from employers).

Anyways I figured the board would have filled up by the 15th anyways because there were no december boards and they only look at 50 packets. This policy is still in use isnt it?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I had everything to my recruiter on the 12th but I think it didnt get sent until around the 22nd(They had to wait to get the employer refrences back which kind of was strange to me because my LOR's were all from employers).

Anyways I figured the board would have filled up by the 15th anyways because there were no december boards and they only look at 50 packets. This policy is still in use isnt it?

Now that , I have no clue about..some have said their recruiters said the 50 kit rule was in play. Maybe one of the recruiters could chime in.

fatathaland

Wait, how often is there an aviation board and when is the next board after the Feb board?

I was under the impression given by my recruiter that there was no Feb board! He told me if I didn't get the Jan board then I'd be waiting many months until the next board...and that he didn't know when exactly it would be.

UTVol

Pro-Rec SNA
Got my packet sent off yesterday

22 applying SNA only
ASTB 51 7/7/7
PRT- 60pu, 70si, 10:55 run
3.4 BS Aerospace from MTSU
Exec. Council of Fraternity
Eagle Scout
LORs: Marine O-4 pilot, AF Col. pilot, Aero. Dept. Chairman
1000+ flight hours

jdbryan

Up for feb board.

My stats:

Applying (1) Supply

- 31 year old male
- ASTB: 4/5/4 - 47 (not that great i know, but best i could do under circumstances - Retaking next week.)
- 3.39 GPA - Wayland Baptist University.
Presidents list three semesters in a row.
- LOR's: (1) My wing commander (O-6) (2) Commander (O-4) and one personal friend (O-3)
- Currently enlisted 7 years Air Force - All excellent Evaluation Performance Reports
- Decorations and Deployments.
- no prior flight experience

jdbryan

See, my recruiter said the deadline is 1 Feb for the Feb board. Any way to really find out what the actual deadline is for each months board?

nugget61

pilot

My processor didn't get my paperwork in till the 22nd and I still made the following board (BDCP has a lot fewer applicants than direct, but thats an idea).

See, my recruiter said the deadline is 1 Feb for the Feb board. Any way to really find out what the actual deadline is for each months board?

My OR told me that the deadline is actually something like the 3rd or 4th each month, but you have to be lucky to be seen that late. About a week before the board they will release a list of the applicants that are to be reviewed.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot

It is true the day BEFORE the 1st of the month is the deadline. You maybe misunderstood. Your kit needs to be at CNRC by the 1st of the month to make that month's board.

Some recruiters (including mine) made a deadline of the 15th of the month previously (in this case Jan 15) to pretty much guarantee your kit makes it because of the 50 kit per board rule. Some people who send theirs later go to the bottom of the pile and might get rolled to the next month after.

This has already happened to a number of January board applicants who submitted around the 19th and after.