• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

rbwill2

-24 year old male
-3.1 GPA in Finance at Kentucky in 2007
-6/6/7 ASTB on Dec 19 (right there on the fence if i should re-take it or not)
-Currently asst branch manager at a bank
-LOR from current boss, high school basketball coach and former fraternity president (my OR didn't sound too concerned about my choices. i could have found some people from the military or pilots but he said those were fine. i hope so...)
-Recruitment Chair of Fraternity (and a ton of other smaller things)
-Going for SNA only
-Hurrying up and waiting just like the rest of you. Hopefully I killed it with my essay and they eat that.

Res784

I dunno guys/gals...I wouldn't be premature here. I submitted my stuff Dec. 9 and I'm almost certainly counting on my stuff either barely got into the Feb board, or rolled over to Mar. Seems a larger amount of kits are being sent each month, and don't forget the whole Dec. board cancellation.

But, I'm with all of ya....Just wanna know :)

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
I dunno guys/gals...I wouldn't be premature here. I submitted my stuff Dec. 9 and I'm almost certainly counting on my stuff either barely got into the Feb board, or rolled over to Mar. Seems a larger amount of kits are being sent each month, and don't forget the whole Dec. board cancellation.

But, I'm with all of ya....Just wanna know :)

It's not a cancellation. They just don't have boards in December.

Res784

Right...I guess that wasn't the right word. Nevertheless, there's at least 50 kits in front of Jan, and its just backed up

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Keep in mind the state of our economy and layoffs. Many people are all the sudden thinking how nice it would be to work for Uncle Sam. That is adding even more applicants to the fold.

SWOHopeful

Just wanted to say that I am hoping to get my package in for February boards as well. Talked to my OR a couple of days ago and signed all my final security papers and then he told me that if I put in for just SWO that I would not get looked at until May or June, but if we got everything in then I would be looked at for IW as that was my other selection. The three month delay I guess lines up with all the "rumors" but that is all they are in my opinion as people not making it through class for some reason or another would open SWO back up this fiscal year. Good luck to everyone going for February boards!

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Right...I guess that wasn't the right word. Nevertheless, there's at least 50 kits in front of Jan, and its just backed up

Actually, there's usually over 80 applications a month, since some get rolled at each board and the newbies coming in. Supposedly there's already 150+ SNA/NFO applicants. So it's always a gamble to get in early and beat the rush.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Actually, there's usually over 80 applications a month, since some get rolled at each board and the newbies coming in. Supposedly there's already 150+ SNA/NFO applicants. So it's always a gamble to get in early and beat the rush.

I have to believe those totals include both BDCP and straight OCS applicants. If this is so, it would mean the 50 apps per board rule holds true.

I could be wrong.

gatorchris08

I sent my application around December 25 I believe, I can only hope that I get reviewed in February. Some of the listed stats on here seem very competitive, hopefully mine stacks up well enough to get accepted as well. Here are my stats and I'm applying to INTEL, NFO, & SWO:

3.33 GPA majoring in Political Science and minoring in History from the University of Florida
ASTB 51 5/5/4
Outstanding PRT (105 sit-ups, 88 push-ups, 9:38 1.5 mile)
Member of UF's wrestling practice team, Officer in Pi Sigma Alpha (Poli Sci Honors Society), Member of Gators for Sustainable Campus, High School I was in three sports (Cross Country, Wrestling, Track), in High School I was a member of Chemistry Honors Society.
LOR's from all my previous employers, one state attorney, one spinal surgeon, one retired Master Chief from the Navy, one 1st LT in the Air Force, one retired Sergent from the Marines, one US Senator, one Sergent from the Army who was my JROTC teacher in high school, two UF professors (one's retired and written a number of books, the other is a law professor and history professor (has a JD and PHD)
And I've worked my entire life, so hopefully that comes into account for my lack of volunteer hours. (Hopefully the boards takes that into consideration)

Talked to my OR today and he said the rumor that the boards are backed up is just a rumor.

Yeah I will be interested when this months selections come out. Hopefully we will find out for sure if the 50 kit/month rule is still in effect or not.

DA085

Greetings all. First off I just wanted to say hello, and a big thanks to all the excellent information these forums have provided up until now in this process.

Anyhow, looks like things are lining up for the me being the Feb. board so I figure I'll throw my stats in the ring here.

Applying- SNA, NFO- Direct OCS
Age- 23
GPA- 3.37 Aviation Flight Science- Western Michigan Univ. (Grad June 08)
ASTB- 7/8/6 52
LORs- Former employers, Chief Flight Instructors, Former coaches
CFI/CFII w/ 300+ hours, Volunteer pilot for Wings of Mercy

Double_A

Well I'm out for February, my medical papers just came in and I cannot get my physical until Feb. Good Luck to all!