• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Now that , I have no clue about..some have said their recruiters said the 50 kit rule was in play. Maybe one of the recruiters could chime in.

I just talked with a recruiter today out of Michigan. He said the 50 kits per month thing is no more. I guess there was a backup of apps that just kept growing and growing. Guess they realized it was not a good idea. Not sure if this is true elsewhere.

Double_A

Double_A, you do not have to complete MEPS in order to submit to the board.

My recruiter told me I needed my med and my PRT before I sent my package in. I am applying BDCP, would that make a difference? I might just have to give him a call tomorrow.

nugget61

pilot
My recruiter told me I needed my med and my PRT before I sent my package in. I am applying BDCP, would that make a difference? I might just have to give him a call tomorrow.
Its the OR's preference... I'd call him and say that you were told you could take the PRT/MEPS whenever and see if he'll let you apply - his delaying could cost you about $2k. He may not realize, as that may be the way he's always done it.

UTVol

Pro-Rec SNA
My OR confirmed to me today that I was in and would be looked at for the FEB09 Boards. Didnt know if anyone else had received that kind of confirmation.

Also, what are the dates that the board will look at the applications? And when will we find out the results?

Double_A

They meet right around the 15th of each month. Then it usually takes a couple days. The January folks are just finding out the results today. Congrats to them all.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well guys the results are out for the January board...come check it out and see what got picked up. Good luck to you guys this coming month.

Res784

Well, I've got a few posts in this Feb. Board thread because I felt for sure I rolled from Jan to Feb. I posted my results in the January after I found out I was selected for SNA this past Friday.
My stats:

-Applied Dec 9., SNA Only - ProRec SNA on Jan 23.
-24 yr. old - Male
-College: BS Aeronautical Science - Arizona State
-3.5 GPA
-ASTB 7/8/7 - OAR 59
-Strong motivational statement
-Non-prior Military
-Flight Instructor - 500 hrs total time
-Flight training: went through Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFI, CFII, Multi.
-Letters of Rec: 4 professors I have been very close to through college/flight training: 1 Col. Air Force, 1 LtCol Air Force, 1 Major Air Force, 1 LtCol Army. Also interviewed with a Rear Admiral (got high marks too - great guy!).
-No hick-ups in my past, except for running a bogus temporary stop sign.
-No drugs
-Jobs/Experience:
a) 3 Internships: 2 with Arizona State and my flight school. I also was an intern for a Chief Pilot at a local airline.
b) Supervisor for small stage-building company.
c) Independent Contractor - Aviation Photography & Author

I'm also curious how many more slots are available out of the 250 or so for this fiscal year....

G'luck everyone!

tdimarco

Pro-Rec SNA
I'm also curious how many more slots are available out of the 250 or so for this fiscal year....

I'm not sure why selection and pipeline availability has to be shrouded in secrecy. My OR said the Navy was looking to contract significantly more SNA's this fiscal year, but he didn't know why or what they would be flying. I guess he may have been putting me on, but I don't think he had cause because I have made it clear that I want to be an officer first and an aviator second.

I hope to be in February's board:

Applying OCS - SNA, NFO, SWO / Concurrent Enlistment
26 Years Old
3.6 GPA in History
ASTB: 8/9/8/66
Solid motivational statement
LOR's: USNR Commander (E-2 NFO, Blue & Gold Officer), Retired AF Colonel (F-4 pilot), College Athletic Director, Medical Director at the Hospital where I worked with emotionally disturbed kids
No Prior Service or Flight Hours
Lots of sports experience but minimal clubs/activities
Jobs: College Football Coach & Sports Information Director, Youth Psychiatric Counselor / Shift Supervisor / Crisis Intervention Leader

In the words of the venerable Tom Petty, the waiting is the hardest part!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
In the next couple of weeks (around the 8th or so of February), you all should be getting confirmation by your recruiters that your app will actually be reviewed by this board and not rolled over to March.

Good luck to all applying this month.

nugget61

pilot

My OR told me that after the October boards, ~190 of the allocated 250 FY09 SNA slots had been awarded. So I would imagine that after November and January, those remaining slots are gone.
But that shouldn't delay you too far - I mean, October board selectees are just going to OCS (at the earliest) now, and to be FY09 you'd have to be starting OCS about July 1, so you're not really going to be delayed at all if you become FY10 (FY starts in October, fyi)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^---- OCS dates also are up to the individual in some part. Many candidates who get picked up are waiting on waivers or some kind of medical detail like PRK surgery. I turn 27 in August so I have to be commissioned before then.

To help avoid any delays , I submitted my MEPS and PRT along with my application to the selection board. I have no waivers needed to be granted so my OCS date should come rather quickly. "SHOULD" is the key word here.

Also, things seemed to slow down around November and December and it seemed CNRC was gearing towards the holiday since there was no December selection boards. After the Xmas break, people started getting their final selects pretty fast...so hopefully things are up and running again.

Talked to my OR today and had thought my package was in the Jan board, but wasn't so it should be up for Feb since it was submitted end of Dec/first week of Jan. Guess have to wait another few weeks

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
Looks like I am up for the February Board, I was hoping to make the January one but didn't quite make the cutoff. My OR just told me this morning. Sorry to say I am not interesting in flight right now, but Airwarriors has been the best source of information for me over the last few weeks.

Applying OCS - SWO, Supply
24 Years Old
3.4 GPA Double Major-Biology and Secondary Education
Graduated with Honors
Received several scholarships, one being for leadership
OAR: 52 (1st time) not happy with that score
LOR's: Two retired officers, and one former marine (enlisted)
Lots of clubs/activities in high school and college, no sports
Chairman in SGA, two honor societies, volunteer
Jobs: Science Teacher, Academic Coach, Resident Assistant

Not sure how my OAR score or LORs will stack up, thinking about retaking the exam but want to see how I do.