• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

Falk

FS SNA
Hello everyone. I guess I'll be in the February boards along with you. I had thought my package was being reviewed in the January boards but I just found out today that it had been pushed back. Anyway, this is my second time applying, the first was in November. Here is my package:

8/8/9 65 (first time around I had 6/6/7 62)
Colgate University Graduate (2006)
Major: Philosophy
GPA: 2.9
Sports: 3 years of D1 Varsity Swimming. Team MVP, two time all-Patriot League, school record holder. 4 years of club water polo. Team offensive player of the year.
LORs: All work related
96 push ups, 90 sit-ups, 9:30 1.5m run (don't really remember if those numbers are exact)
No flight experience

Good luck everybody.

Falk

FS SNA
I think my lack of any significant LORs might have hurt my package. Also my GPA/major wasn't too much help either.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I think my lack of any significant LORs might have hurt my package. Also my GPA/major wasn't too much help either.

Can you call it Philosophical Engineering? :)

Your GPA is fine..I got in with a 2.52. They really do look at the whole person. Your new ASTB scores are very significantly improved from the first time. They are a very important stat when it comes to pilot selection.

Falk

FS SNA
So you are saying they didn't accept me because when viewed as whole person I am inadequate? Just kidding :) It could also have been my rampant heroine abuse and pending assault charges. Kidding again.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
This reminded me of a funny thing about mechanics and their cameraphones.....when my company used one of our 737's as a prop for shooting the movie "The Kingdom", our mechanic on hand to babysit the plane actually pissed off Jennifer Garner 'cause he was taking so many pics and was acting like a total paparazzo, lol...

I guess these girls aren't quite as shy with the cameras, huh?

And it took forever to clean their special filming paint off the plane afterwards...some crap that made it easier to edit on a greenscreen and computer. They didn't think to tape up the pitot tubes and static ports before painting it, and it got in everywhere.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
hopefully Feb...

Let's hope I can get into Feb. Just got my PRK 3-month post op done.

20/15 Left, 20/10 Right :)

Applying OCS - SNA, Intel, NFO
23 Years Old
3.3 GPA History with Mid East and Int'l Studies Specialization
ASTB - 7/6/7
LOR's: CAPT USN ret, various Professors
Jobs: Sales, Office work at Law Firms, libraries
Skills: Speak Spanish fluently, some Turkish, computer troubleshooting, musician

Here's hoping I can get in :)

euclid83

FS SNA
Looks like I'm on board for February. My application was submitted at the beginning of October so I've been in the system for quite a while. Filling in a few loose papers and 2 recruiters later Im here at the Feb board.

25/Male
Applying for SNA/SNFO
Graduated from Appalachian State University
Major in Environmental Chemistry and Minor in Mathematics
GPA: 3.51
ASTB: 67 8/8/7

2 Years varsity football (starting tailback)
2 Years varsity basketball (guard: didn't start because I suck at basketball)
1 year track (200/400 meter)
Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) program at Western Kenucky Universuty
EPA volunteer in Green River watershed/stream health management survey
Physics and Astronomy Club
Appalachian Chemical Society

PRT: havent taken yet but about 100 push ups/situps and 10:00 1.5 mile run

euclid83

FS SNA
haha, thanks flyin4pride. You have to admit; 3 consecutive national championships is pretty damn impressive. Too bad they couldnt go for 4 this year. That big W for James Madison over the Mountaineers wasnt too conducive.