• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Top Gun quote(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravis856

I just downloaded the whole segment of "Iceman: The later years" off of Kazaa. If someone knows of a good mirror, I'll gladly upload it. Funny as anything.
bouncy_125.gif

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
we are clearly off-topic now but ...

101 ... you want my name check the Top Hook board in the 21 ready room under May 02

semper fi

Originally posted by BeanFighter
Rag or fleet?, which VMFA?

stevew

while we are discusing this...

can someone please tell me how Top Gun really works? Who gets to go? When in the pipeline is it? Is it the same for the Navy and the Corps? etc.?

-Steve

Undertow

"Never abuse children" -Goose
Cunningham's maneuver was inducted into air combat training at FWS by a pilot name John Boyd who died back in 98. If you want to read a really good book read "John Boyd, the fighter pilot who changed the art of war".

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Finally, someone else who read Boyd. Also, if you want to read a book about why the Marines have MCDP-1, or in other words the maneuver warfare philosophy, Boyd is the man!

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Dude, anyone ever notice how everyone is always sweaty on Top Gun. They're even sweaty while in Combat Direction Center which, by the way, is not a hot and sweaty place. I don't know, it kind of weird's me out. Weird....

Yeah, I thought CDC had enough AC to make hell freeze over. Umm, but seriously, for the non-flight scenes, I figure it's wearing all that makeup while under hot camera lights.
Stage lights are hot...trust me.

And I want Bean's job.

Undertow

Hey Big Worm how's the weather down there?;) Just left P-Cola in Dec. last summer it was hotter than blazes. Hopefully I'll be back that way in a few years when (crossing fingers) I get picked up for STA-21 SNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.