• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Top Gun quote(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From SNL's "Iceman...The Later Years"

The scene...15 years later...Tom Kazanski is an airline pilot for Southwest....
Iceman: "Hell of a Bird, I had this baby up to Mach 3 yesterday"
Co-Pilot: "You weren't going mach 3 in a 727 !"
Iceman: "I was shaving with a Mach 3...when you shave with a Mach 3 there's no time to think...you think, you're dead..."
Co-Pilot: "What are you talking about????"
Iceman: "You guys are dangerous..."
Co-Pilot: "Tom, I'm gonna ask you to stop saying that."

Cheers.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
That was funny

Hey Big Worm how's the weather down there?
I hate this humidity. Without fail, every time I take the bike out, the monsoon comes. Just did the pressure chamber today, that was some funny trash watching everybody get hypoxic while they make us play patty-cake.

AviatorMR239

Charlie: "The pilot performs a Split-S....that's the last thing you should do in that situation, what were you thinking?"
Mav: "You don't have time to think....if you think....you're dead"
Charlie: "That's a big gamble with a 30 million dollar aircraft lt."
Hollywood: "Gutsiest move i ever saw man"

Goose: "we're going head to head, i can't believe we're doing this"
Mav: "Stand-by... Viper's coming down"

Goose: "watch the mountains"

Iceman 15 years later to crew after landing: "You guys wanna go back to the hotel and shower and dry off and play some volleyball?"

Yeah I watch that almost everyday...

"you can be my wingman anytime"
"yeah, right...whatever."
"wait, don't go......these guys are dangerous."

Daedalus

'I'm gonna give you your dream shot, I still can't believe I’m doing this, I'm going to send you two up against the best, you two 'clowns?' are going top Top Gun'

Paraphrase, I haven't memorized it, I have only seen it 86 times, but I have some time before I apply so I can see it the last 14 times for the qual.

ScottHook

I'm about 1000% positive that its "They were abused children" instead of "never abuse children", although that is a noble lesson we all need I'm sure.

On the Sundown thing. I find it ironic that Sundown is in pretty much EVERY scene. Also, does anyone else feel that the call sign "Sundown" was really pushing the politically correct line for the Navy?

"I'll have what he's having...Hemlock is it?"

"You're one of the best pilots in the Navy..." Damn straight, and don't you forget it.

AviatorMR239

one my buddy and i still use:

"we're gonna have a good time"
"always"
(clink beer bottles)

and every now and then i'll throw in a:

"now this is what i call a target-rich environment"

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
I personally like, "Come on Mav, do some of that pilot $hit." It's a classic. A drinking game would be good. Maybe everytime you hear a call sign?

AviatorMR239

next time you watch the movie, count how many times tom cruise turns his head to the side so you can see his profile and huge schnoz, maybe i've watched it one too many times, but he's always looking off to his right... guarantee you that you do a shot every time he does that you'll be toasted

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
You want a drinking game? Watch the Great Santini and have a shot of Wild Turkey every time he refers to his children as his “hogs”

Status
Not open for further replies.