• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A-18A-F and EA-18G Engineering Opportunities in San Diego

maxsonic

AirWarriors,

We 're currently recruiting talented, motivated people who hold an Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Degree and who have aviation or aerospace industry experience.

The positions provide structural engineering and systems engineering technical support for sustainment of F/A-18A-D, E/F and EA-18G. Work location is the Birthplace of Naval Aviation, NAS North Island.

If you have the qualifications cited above, or have an associate that may be interested in joining a Team of individuals devoted to F/A-18 and EA-18 Fleet Support, please PM me.

MAX

01/02/15 UPDATE:
Entry Level Opportunities for Engineering Students graduating in the next nine months (apply NLT 07 JAN 15): https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/389995000
Engineers with Aircraft Structural Analysis Experience (apply NLT 05 JAN 15): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/390291300

We will be hiring throughout 2015, PM me with any questions...

MAX

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Might be wrong but I'd probably go with no . . . NADEP NASNI covers all D-level things Hornet and iHornet. Much as Jax does for Grumman and Cherry Pit does for . . . some helos, I think? Depots are located in the strangest places and not necessarily near what they sometimes serve.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Figured. My neighbor (retired Senior Chief) works at Oceana doing NDIs...just wondered if they had their own engineers here as well.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Figured. My neighbor (retired Senior Chief) works at Oceana doing NDIs...just wondered if they had their own engineers here as well.
Beats me whether or not there's civ jobs there at FRC or something; I'm just saying that as I recall, there are only three D-level facilities: Jax, NASNI, and Cherry Point. Norfolk, Alameda, and Pensacola were others that were BRACed at the end of the Cold War.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FWIW, there's usually a smattering of Hornets in the FRC hangars at Jax, as well. Maybe it's just overflow for NASNI, but they're there.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
01/02/15 UPDATE:
Entry Level Opportunities for Engineering Students graduating in the next nine months (apply NLT 07 JAN 15): https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/389995000
Engineers with Aircraft Structural Analysis Experience (apply NLT 05 JAN 15): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/390291300

We will be hiring throughout 2015, PM me with any questions...

MAX

Nothin' from nothin', but...,

Even with San Diego locality pay that is low for somebody with structural analysis experience. Especially if it includes composites.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothin' from nothin', but...,

Even with San Diego locality pay that is low for somebody with structural analysis experience. Especially if it includes composites.

I've only very rarely seen any GS jobs to offer competitive pay for the skills and experience they require, particularly if AD military had any hand in writing the requirements. There's a tendency to look at the "paygrade equivalent" (i.e., "This job will be doing work that would be done by an O-3, therefore this will be a GS-11") instead of what they have to offer to be competitive, the salaries and backgrounds of your desired applicant pool, etc. I was offered a position off active duty working a watch-floor job in Honolulu for the Coast Guard. It was tempting, but topped out at GS-11 - because the active duty guys in the same job were LTs or LCDRs - and that doesn't go far in Hawaii. "Locality pay" is definitely not the same as BAH.

Not speaking to this position in particular, just what I've seen with other federal positions.