• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Whether people think he's a fool or not, his rhetoric is unhealthy for a democracy. What could have inspired this statement from a sitting congressman?

Example 1 of many. It's indefensible IMO.
That rhetoric is unhealthy and congressmen/women need to hold themselves to a very high standard of communication. It’s a very easy parallel to draw between that and Trump’s rhetoric and I don’t blame anybody for connecting the two. But that congressmen’s words are his own, and we can’t just make Trump the scapegoat for all vile language. The inspiration? Maybe, but there is no way of ever truly knowing that for a fact.

Everybody just needs to put their pitchforks down and realize that we all have way more in common than we don’t. That’s the first step imo.

Mirage

pilot
Whether people think he's a fool or not, his rhetoric is unhealthy for a democracy. What could have inspired this statement from a sitting congressman?

Example 1 of many. It's indefensible IMO.
Listen, I dislike Trump too, haven't voted for him yet, and wish him, Biden, and the majority of current politicians were not a part of American politics... but your assertion is that Trump is to blame for the words of another Congressman. That's just silly. Perhaps the inspiration for the Congressman's words are that he believes them and simply feels empowered to say them out loud because others are, too. Perhaps the words resonate with some because they also agree with the logic.

What I'm getting at is that this is bigger than Trump or whatever congressmen. Our combination of 2 party political system, current technology, and culture is failing us. We are being driven further apart, and I'm afraid it will continue until we break.

Our own worst enemy is ourselves. We worry so much about China, Russia, etc... but they won't be our downfall.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
That rhetoric is unhealthy and congressmen/women need to hold themselves to a very high standard of communication. It’s a very easy parallel to draw between that and Trump’s rhetoric and I don’t blame anybody for connecting the two. But that congressmen’s words are his own, and we can’t just make Trump the scapegoat for all vile language. The inspiration? Maybe, but there is no way of ever truly knowing that for a fact.

Everybody just needs to put their pitchforks down and realize that we all have way more in common than we don’t. That’s the first step imo.

Regarding Jan 6, he implored his supporters to (paraphrasing) "show up, will be wild!"

Now hundreds of idiots are facing hard time in prison, bc of his rhetoric.

So, when a diehard supporter basically calls the current CJCS a traitor, it's just his own rhetoric, and we can't draw any parallels...

Anybody who calls this out has pitchforks out, I guess.?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Listen, I dislike Trump too, haven't voted for him yet, and wish him, Biden, and the majority of current politicians were not a part of American politics... but your assertion is that Trump is to blame for the words of another Congressman. That's just silly. Perhaps the inspiration for the Congressman's words are that he believes them and simply feels empowered to say them out loud because others are, too. Perhaps the words resonate with some because they also agree with the logic.

What I'm getting at is that this is bigger than Trump or whatever congressmen. Our combination of 2 party political system, current technology, and culture is failing us. We are being driven further apart, and I'm afraid it will continue until we break.

Our own worst enemy is ourselves. We worry so much about China, Russia, etc... but they won't be our downfall.
Silly? Do you think Gosar came up with this on his own?

The 2 party system isn't going anywhere. Fever dreams of a viable 3rd party haven't come to fruition in decades. So, we've got to deal with the current reality.

I don't disagree with your last paragraph.

Mirage

pilot
Regarding Jan 6, he implored his supporters to (paraphrasing) "show up, will be wild!"

Now hundreds of idiots are facing hard time in prison, bc of his rhetoric.

So, when a diehard supporter basically calls the current CJCS a traitor, it's just his own rhetoric, and we can't draw any parallels...

Anybody who calls this out has pitchforks out, I guess.?
Silly? Do you think Gosar came up with this on his own?

The 2 party system isn't going anywhere. Fever dreams of a viable 3rd party haven't come to fruition in decades. So, we've got to deal with the current reality.

I don't disagree with your last paragraph.
Hundreds of idiots are not facing prison because of his rhetoric. They're facing prison because of their illegal actions. If I'm on the street and tell someone, "wow, that woman is really old, weak, and has a wad of cash in her purse", and then that person robs the lady and goes to jail... whose fault is it? Are adults not responsible for their own actions? Are congressmen not responsible for their own words?

Yes, silly.

I know something like a ranked voting system is a longshot, but in my opinion, it is as necessary for our continued success as a country as anything.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Hundreds of idiots are not facing prison because of his rhetoric. They're facing prison because of their illegal actions. If I'm on the street and tell someone, "wow, that woman is really old, weak, and has a wad of cash in her purse", and then that person robs the lady and goes to jail... whose fault is it? Are adults not responsible for their own actions? Are congressmen not responsible for their own words?

Yes, silly.

I know something like a ranked voting system is a longshot, but in my opinion, it is as necessary for our continued success as a country as anything.

Does a leader who speaks in mob code bear any responsibility? "It'd be a shame if anything happened to that nice business you've got there..."

I guess we'll see over the next year or so.

Mirage

pilot
Does a leader who speaks in mob code bear any responsibility? "It'd be a shame if anything happened to that nice business you've got there..."

I guess we'll see over the next year or so.
The courts already decided that Jan 6th defendants can't get off by blaming Trump like you are. Some have argued that, and were convicted.

Trump never told people to hurt cops and enter the capitol illegally.

Regardless, what you're doing is trying to blame the beliefs of millions of people on 1 man. Trump, unfortunately, has the backing of a lot of people who are as intelligent as you and I and think he represents our best path forward. He is not the problem, he is a symptom of the problem. So is Biden, and every other corrupt and selfish politician we have. Unless you take time to understand that, you can't work to fix the problem.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I don’t want this to turn into another war zone, but the Congressman should be ashamed for his lack of historical knowledge. The U.S hasn’t executed a service member since the 1950’s…and have never executed a commissioned officer. Even those convicted of espionage have been sent to prison and not “hanged” while even former Major Hassan still hasn’t been executed. But, aside his childish rhetoric (and it is childish) I will add that U.S. courts have never accepted the “I was following orders” excuse in trials so amped up followers of this kind of stuff should be very careful.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
The courts already decided that Jan 6th defendants can't get off by blaming Trump like you are. Some have argued that, and were convicted.

Trump never told people to hurt cops and enter the capitol illegally.

Regardless, what you're doing is trying to blame the beliefs of millions of people on 1 man. Trump, unfortunately, has the backing of a lot of people who are as intelligent as you and I and think he represents our best path forward. He is not the problem, he is a symptom of the problem. So is Biden, and every other corrupt and selfish politician we have. Unless you take time to understand that, you can't work to fix the problem.
Lol. No, they can't get a get out of jail free card...who the fuck orchestrated that mess? It wasn't some organic uprising.

You're seeming to say bc X many people believe Y issues that have been demagogued for awhile, that I need to understand these dynamics. I think I do, so we're good there.

Mirage

pilot
Lol. No, they can't get a get out of jail free card...who the fuck orchestrated that mess? It wasn't some organic uprising.

You're seeming to say bc X many people believe Y issues that have been demagogued for awhile, that I need to understand these dynamics. I think I do, so we're good there.
No, that's not what I'm saying. Trump was popular as soon as he came on the scene because what he said reverberated with what people already believed. He didn't need to "demagogue it for awhile" like you claim. But, I know you have a problem with me, and that will prevent you from ever agreeing with me.. exactly what happens on the larger political scene every day and drives us further apart. That sort of "my team vs their team" mentality is exactly what's destroying us.

Mirage

pilot
This shit is on the daily. Please help us all break it down @Mirage .

I'm not a fixed wing or commercial aviation expert, so not sure if this is a good faith argument...or just crass opportunism from him.

What is your point? That Trump loves Trump? That he echoes the opinions of his chosen experts that are sometimes correct and acts like Nostradamus? Do you remember a few posts ago when I told you I don't like Trump either?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
80% of those people polled couldn't locate UKR on a map. They're parroting what they see on whatever news/social media they receive.

Glad we have politicians on both sides making the case for why defense aid for UKR is in our national interest, but there needs to be more.

Really disappointed to see Sen Mike Lee give oxygen to the 100th baseless nuclear blackmail threat.

Neville Chamberlain would be proud.