• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ensuring Your VT Squadron

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
primary28 said:
I just can't see a LT sitting at his computer crosschecking airwarrior members' email addresses with the flight schedule, just crossing his fingers he can stick it to this kid for asking a question on an internet forum, among friends.

Let's not even mention the fact that every stud in my primary squadron was run through Yahoo! Personals. Some were found... and harassed.

It's all in good fun though. If they're ligitimately gunning for you, that's obviously wrong.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Ah yes, the things the OPSO and skeds like to do when they have free time... Always great when the personal pages were read by the CO as the stud was up in front of everyone getting their tie cut.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Squid said:
Let's not even mention the fact that every stud in my primary squadron was run through Yahoo! Personals. Some were found... and harassed.

That's just wrong . . . and yet so funny . . .

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Find a reason to take leave during the week the squadron you don't want picks up. If you are charming and a bit sneaky it has been known to work.

But don't tell anyone, or go posting that on the internet....oh, wait...

pdx

HSM Pilot
I just finished going through the VTs, and I think a lot of VT-3's bad reputation right now came from the fact that they were (about 9 months ago) backlogged in their training. Lots of students were sitting around for weeks and weeks just to get an onwing, then they were flying once a week (or less). Students (some students anyway) were grumpy, and some IPs were tired of flying 3 X's a day and still having students b1tch.

But, as several people have said, things change QUICKLY. VT-3 is not backlogged any more and students are cruising through the program. I wouldn't be surprised if the squadron reputation is a little different in about 6 months when the experiences of the current generation starts filtering in.

Still, I think it is proud Navy tradition to think that all Airforce guys are homos.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So, it's June 15th (well, almost), did you get the the squadron you thought, Gman?

GMan1976

Banned
gatordev said:
So, it's June 15th (well, almost), did you get the the squadron you thought, Gman?

doesn't say on the orders... i'm guessing i'll find out monday when i check in (?)

trvsmrtn

pilot
It won't say on your orders. You'll check in to TW5 and then sit in the pool and they'll let you know a week beforehand what squadron you're going to.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
A lot of people still don't like three. I know folks that are there now, and they go to JSUT or whatever the study thing is called while everyone else is at the pool enjoying a few beers.

That, and as stated, the Navy Tradition thing.

However, the backlog certainly caused three to be far and away (!!!!!!) everyone's last choice, and that might have leveled the playing field some.

trvsmrtn

pilot
The STUCON addressed JCOP at one of our safety standdowns and he mentioned that despite JCOP, 3 had the highest percentage of guys fail the 4390, so it's not going anywhere. Guys shouldn't complain about it right now anyway. It's only 4 hours so it's not as bad as Vance, and IP's give lectures based on 4390 trends and analysis. Plus, as I mentioned before, there are so many IP's now that everyone is flying pretty much all the time, so I rarely see JCOP on the schedule.

pdx

HSM Pilot
pdx said:
Still, I think it is proud Navy tradition to think that all Airforce guys are homos.

Chubby said:
You mean they're not?

No, no, Airforce guys ARE all homos. It's important that we hang on to our traditions. Besides, anyone that has witnessed a stand-up EP has seen proof.

"... I will reach up with my left index finger and apply moderate pressure to the blinking-red master caution light located on the top left of the instrument panel until it clicks and extinguises the light ..."

Um ... GAY

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
We AF are homos? The Navy is the service running around with your names on your asses so the Marines can see who they're getting it from...