• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ensignmobile

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
TheBubba said:
If it's got Mass plates, that my friend... (you'll find me in the green Jeep behind it contemplating if my Jeep can run it over...)

So, I just got confirmation its NOT my friend's mini (he's got a sunroof, so no Jack...)... but it doesn't change my contemplations...

helo_wifey

How about a Subaru? I have an 05 Forester and I love it. It has tons of cargo room, I can fit climbing/camping gear for 3 people, or a full sized mountain bike in the back without taking the front tire off. It also gets great gas mileage, 30 mpg on the highway. If thats too much of a mom-mobile try the WRX, still zippy and neat looking and good gas mileage and still has 230 hp and is easily modified if you're into that stuff. Better than a Honda any day.

Phrogpilot03....do you like your Tribeca??

phrogpilot73

helo_wifey said:
Phrogpilot03....do you like your Tribeca??

I get a lot of flak about it, "it looks like an edsel", or "it looks like a minivan." The other crossover SUVs I looked at (Nissan Murano, and BMW X3) it beat hands down in value. It was $1100 cheaper than the Murano and about $3000 cheaper than the X3. It's got everything, heated leather seats, 160 watt 9 speaker stereo, Vehicle Dynamic Control, Traction control, AWD (it's a Subaru), 250 hp engine, the list goes on and on. If you're considering a crossover SUV, don't rule out the Subaru. I never really was considering it until I test drove it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Any man(?) who shows up to a squadron driving a Bug, Prius, or Mini-Cooper had better be prepared to become the laughing stock of the Ready Room.

Brett

We had two guys with Miata's in my first squadron :confused: , they were picked on mercilessly.....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
We had two guys with Miata's in my first squadron :confused: , they were picked on mercilessly.....
Yeah, those are questionable as well. I had a long, drunken debate with Frumby about how gay his Miata was.

Brett

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Got a 2001 Lexus IS 300 with the USAA loan. Great rate and by purchasing through Carmax I was able to get it for 20K. It's loaded and I saved the inital depreciation on it. Considering I'm the type to drive a car into the ground (last one was a '91 Sentra with 186k miles, no air, with only one working window) this should last a while. Bought my wife a Ford Escape in 2003 with the cash from my mobilization for OIF. Bottom line, be smart about your purchase at this age and when you do buy one, consider getting something you'll drive for a long time. I plan on putting this Lexus into the 200k area if I can. I'd rather drive a car for 12 years and own a few homes and some land than buy a new car every five years.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
I recently bought a '02 Chevy S-10 ZR-2, fire engine red with slick decals on the sides. I'm already starting to eye some new pipes and an intake for it. This is my first real car. I started off with a '79 Jeep CJ-7. Bought it for $1000 when I was 16, I dropped a rebuilt AMC 360 engine in it and a 3" suspen. lift. I loved that thing. Except it got about 2-3 MPG, litterally. Not really a commuter vehicle. My parents sold it while I was on cruise to a guy who was doing a rebuild job for $4000.

On a side note I also purchased a new Honda Shadow Spirit 750 motorcycle, which is good cuz my truck gets about 16 town and 20 hwy mpg.

Grant

Fmr1833 said:
I plan on putting this Lexus into the 200k area if I can.

It should easily make it to 200k. Toyota products last forever, my dad is a real Toyota fan. Within the past few years, he's had a '02 Toyota Avalon and an '04 Toyota 4Runner. My first car was a '93 Toyota Camry, a hand-me-down from my dad, with 103k on the odometer when I got it. Still drove like the day he took it home brand new from the dealership, and never needed anything more than routine service.