• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ensignmobile

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
SteveG75 said:
That will be very hard since Z06's only come in FHC (fixed head coupe) version. No convertible, no removable targa top for the Z06. Increased stiffness is the name of the game.

Seriously??? Damn! You DO learn something new everyday. That MIGHT be why I've never seen one with a convertible top. Crap. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too...now to determine which I would want more...the extra HP and the Z06 performance, or the convertible.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
That will be very hard since Z06's only come in FHC (fixed head coupe) version. No convertible, no removable targa top for the Z06. Increased stiffness is the name of the game.

And good look finding a 98-00 Z06.

Way to research your "future purchase"

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Those Mustang GT's have nice lines on them.

I'll take my car over any other though: 1994 Lincoln Towncar...I rode in a buddies vette, and it was fun taking off...but in the long run, I prefer comfort.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
HueyCobra8151 said:
Those Mustang GT's have nice lines on them.

I'll take my car over any other though: 1994 Lincoln Towncar...I rode in a buddies vette, and it was fun taking off...but in the long run, I prefer comfort.

Love the GT's but it has come down to that, or an M3.....what do you all think?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd recommend a newer used Honda Accord. Let someone else pay the depreciation. Good mileage, lower insurance and just a damn good car all around. I had an 87 Honda Accord that I put 165K miles on.

To be perfectly honest, unless you are super "duper" mature (unlike me), the urge to do something stupid in a high performance car is almost irresistable. I would say forgoe that purchase until later when flight pay gets better.

My custom plate was "BGSMSHR"...

r/
G

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
squeeze said:
And good look finding a 98-00 Z06.

Way to research your "future purchase"

Pardon me. Not much research went into it, frankly, as is likely apparent.

I just love the way they look, the way they sound, etc etc...I was aware the Z06 with the LS6 engine produces more HP and torque...all the rest was just "minor" details...sorta blinded, I'm sure that's understandable. :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Schnuggapup said:
I'd recommend a newer used Honda Accord. Let someone else pay the depreciation. Good mileage, lower insurance and just a damn good car all around. I had an 87 Honda Accord that I put 165K miles on.

To be perfectly honest, unless you are super "duper" mature (unlike me), the urge to do something stupid in a high performance car is almost irresistable. I would say forgoe that purchase until later when flight pay gets better.

r/
G

r/
G

haha.....I can't argue w/ your reasoning sir.......still, it sounds soooo good :)

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Schnuggapup said:

r/
G

r/
G

With the gas prices continuig to climb I would suggest just getting a new hybrid and go from there...you will save on gas in the long run...

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
The biggest question is not what car you should get, but what you can afford. I've counseled people on why they can't afford a smoking habit and a brand new car at the same time. Why do you have to show somebody how bad smoking can be for you medically when they have a $300/month habit on top of a $600 car payment making Petty Officer pay?

Figure out how much you can afford in payment, insurance and in today's market gas. You can ask people in front of you what the cost of living is in apartments/BOQ in variety of places to help your decision but I suggest not putting all your pay into a car in order to keep up with the Smith's.

my .02

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
HueyCobra8151 said:
Don't buy a cheap car, then the 19 year old Lance Corporal coming back from Iraq w/ the brand new Mustang/BMW/Vette/F150 will show you up. :)

On the contrary! I think the cheaper and more beat-up your car is (to a point) the more you show some money management savvy. I had an OIC mebbe five years ago that drove an old rusty buick every day to work. He was a salty, Prior-CWO, augmented captain, so we all figured his true net worth was way up there. Meanwhile, all us idiot Sgts and below were making payments on everything from new F-150's and Camaros down to used Accords, yet there he was with his crap-mobile that he laid down $900 cash for. Turns out he was buying up property in Hawaii and California, as we all suspected. Nothing but respect for that man...

IT1toOfficer

Class 0606!!! New Ensigns!!! (as of Jan27th)
Well I already bought my ENS mobile... I'm enlisted going through OCS in OCT and I decided to use one of our many benefits.. I'm stationed in Naples Italy and I decided to use the Military Overseas New Car Sales Program.

I'm enlisted and going Officer, once I earn my commission I'll be known as a Mustang.

So guess what car I bought? Anyone??

That's right. A 2005 Mustang GT.. Fully loaded...

How much did I price it in the states for??? 30K.. How much did I buy it for 25K.

Saved 5K... Plus I saved a lot of money overseas while stationed over here and I got it down to 18K.

Not bad for a car that goes 0-60 in 5 seconds...

I know.. I know.. Many of you might not like this car, but I fell in love with it 6 months ago when I was in the states.. I've always liked Mustangs, but this new model is awesome... I pick it up in two weeks... Its waiting in San Diego for me..

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
Mayday said:
Nothing but respect for that man...

Maybe that's why I now drive an old, been-around-the-block-a-million-times Buick Le Sabre, and buy real estate as often as I can. He must've had an impact I never realized until just now.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jamnww said:
With the gas prices continuig to climb I would suggest just getting a new hybrid and go from there...you will save on gas in the long run...
Someone crunched the numbers on another thread. In order to break even on the higher cost of a hybrid, the average driver would need to drive it for 15 years, so if you think buying a hybrid will save you money, you're ill informed.

Brett