• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ensign Mobile

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Any idea who drives that Lotus Elise I see around the parking lots???

06.jpg

Yes, the dude lives down the street from me in housing. Other car is a Hyundai (if I'm lying, I'm dying). I am an O-3, still driving the same car I bought with the big raise I got when I made E-5.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
...pretty neat ride, I personally don't like it, too small, too much $$.

I'm sure it's loud, pretty firm ride, not real accoutraments other than a radio, and all for $45K+. But it looks pretty spectacular going down the road. Would be a fun car to take to the track, though.

@Scoober:

Wow, nice ride, but holy coin, batman!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Wow, nice ride, but holy coin, batman!

Can't take it with ya...what the @$^%. The payment comes out to exactly 100$ less than my pay raise so I can even kick some extra towards the TSP.

thull

that's my 94 Ford Tauras wagon behind my head in my avatar. missing a hub cap on the rear right, but not bad for $500. 0 to 60 in, like, 10 seconds..15 tops. with a 16' ladder attached to the roof. Babe MAGNET.

looking to upgrade to F/A-18 fully loaded..

theduke

I have an '01 Honda S2000 (silverstone color w/ red interior). 18" Fikse forged aluminum wheels. Comptech aftercooled supercharger...should make about 360 hp at the crank. Nice stereo.

It's a fine Ensign/2nd Lt mobile...and it's for sale, because I have a kid on the way, and right now, I'd rather invest the money. No good twisties near my house. $23,000.

I'm gonna get something sensible next, like an E36 3-series (or maybe an IS300)...

and then I plan on getting an Elise sometime either after I make Capt, or after I get back from my 1st deployment as a Capt (I make 1st Lt in about a week).

oh, and for the record, the Elise does have a Celica engine and transmission, but it's 190 hp, not 140 hp.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Many Ensigns, when they get commissioned, buy a new vehicle, sometimes out of their price range. Per usual of the military, it's either a sporty car or a big truck.

Fly, I think you missed the sarcasm that was gushing out of that post.

Island Girl, your rock better have magic resentment absorbing properties:D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did I mention my LT mobile?

Brett

Attachments

• 2003VStar1100RSide.jpg
    2003VStar1100RSide.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 78

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow Brett Ill bet you could fit 2 freshman coeds on the back of that.:D

Only if they're engaged in a vertical 69 maneuver, otherwise space is at a premium on my bike. :D Nothing disturbs the peaceful tranquility of a private Catholic school campus like a big V-Twin and straight pipes. :D

Brett

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Only if they're engaged in a vertical 69 maneuver, otherwise space is at a premium on my bike. :D Nothing disturbs the peaceful tranquility of a private Catholic school campus like a big V-Twin and straight pipes. :D

Brett

That is wrong on soooo many levels...but a good laugh nonetheless. :)