• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EA-6B anthro restrictions

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
On the green side, you're so unlikely to get Prowlers anyway, they're probably doing you a favor by anthro-ing you out as early as possible to avoid getting your hopes up. For the blue guys: come on! Give us some new toys already! We haven't gotten a new aircraft in 15 years!

MasterBates

On the green side, you're so unlikely to get Prowlers anyway, they're probably doing you a favor by anthro-ing you out as early as possible to avoid getting your hopes up. For the blue guys: come on! Give us some new toys already! We haven't gotten a new aircraft in 15 years!

What about the Super Hornet? It really is a new aircraft, it just looks like a normal Hornet.

lien3013

Spoke w/ a young lady in charge in our admin office today . She was required to go through everyone's jacket (Marines in advance) and submit their SH (sitting hieght.) She didn't know when the changes would come (being less restrictive) down officially, but said it would be before Christmas. Take this for what it is worth.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Rumor mill in the NFO VTs say the same... Prowler anthros are going to get less restrictive. Again, I reiterate its RUMOR MILL INFORMATION ONLY (simulate blinking text).

Given reasoning is that CNATRA doesn't like the fact that there are so many single-track studs going through VT-86 at present.

Hopefully someone in the know can confirm/deny, else we'll just have to wait and see what really happens.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rumor mill in the NFO VTs say the same... Prowler anthros are going to get less restrictive. Again, I reiterate its RUMOR MILL INFORMATION ONLY (simulate blinking text).

Given reasoning is that CNATRA doesn't like the fact that there are so many single-track studs going through VT-86 at present.

Hopefully someone in the know can confirm/deny, else we'll just have to wait and see what really happens.

Just to speculate based on many of the posts I've seen here on AW, it seems as though many people who are borderline on the anthro issue weasel their way out of Prowlers. When I read about that, it makes me feel like that old teary-eyed Indian in that 70s PSA about littering. Either way, if CNATRA wants to broaden the pool of platforms available to their stock of studs who are a couple tenths of an inch out of limits, then that's probably not too far out in left field.

Brett

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I was over at NAMI today... the numbers have apparently been raised for the Prowler sitting height requirement. Don't know if there has been an official announcement yet. Even guys with massive sitting height like my own are going to be eligible. Bad news for those of you looking to get anthro'd out, but good news for many of us.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Really? Because a few of us talked to the Lt. in charge of anthro's here at NASC earlier today, and he said that all the Prowler stuff was here-say and until CNATRA had his legal staff go over it, and then signed it, they would not change anything. Neither has happened yet.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
NOMI only measures you, they give the numbers to him and he is the one that signs off on it all. When you get your flight physical and get your anthro measurements, you bring them to flight management, they go to him. When you start API you will get a sheet from him regarding what you aren't able to fly, and if you need to sign the ejection seat waiver.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I'm very aware of this, having been through API... The 0-6s I talked to said that its all but official. Take word of mouth for what it is, just that. My initial post may have been a little presumptuous. Either way, its looking like its on the way down. Thanks for the API refresher.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm very aware of this, having been through API... The 0-6s I talked to said that its all but official. Take word of mouth for what it is, just that. My initial post may have been a little presumptuous. Either way, its looking like its on the way down. Thanks for the API refresher.

I think that's his point... it's "all but official," mean it isn't official. NOMI has no say in any of the numbers anway. In fact, they aren't even the ones that DQ you from something, they only make recommendations and the higher ups make the call. Sounds like it's going to happen, just be patient for the actual instruction to come out.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None

Sorry man, your bio says you're in A-Pool. :icon_smil

Junior

pilot
It's funny how everyone who is (or was, however you want to look at it) anthro'ed out of Prowlers always said, "Prowlers aren't that bad. I'd fly them and be happy." Now that they are no longer anthro'ed they are sh*tting a brick and walking around like someone just kicked their dog.