• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EA-6B anthro restrictions

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please explain Brett.

Well, you can eject in-envelope, or out of envelope. It has to do with airspeeds, attitude (bank angle, etc), and altitude. If you're 90 degrees nose down and eject at 500 Ft (out of envelope), you're not going to make it, but if you were straight and level at 500 Ft (in-envelope), you probably will. Now, just because you're out of envelope doesn't necessarily mean you're doomed, but your chances won't be good. Case in point, recent Prowler mishap on a low level experienced a catastrophic engine failure/loss of control. By the time the pilot's seat fired, the jet was <300 Ft and 90 degrees AOB. That's right on the edge of the envelope, but the pilot made it w/o injury.

Brett

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Well, you can eject in-envelope, or out of envelope. It has to do with airspeeds, attitude (bank angle, etc), and altitude. If you're 90 degrees nose down and eject at 500 Ft (out of envelope), you're not going to make it, but if you were straight and level at 500 Ft (in-envelope), you probably will. Now, just because you're out of envelope doesn't necessarily mean you're doomed, but your chances won't be good. Case in point, recent Prowler mishap on a low level experienced a catastrophic engine failure/loss of control. By the time the pilot's seat fired, the jet was <300 Ft and 90 degrees AOB. That's right on the edge of the envelope, but the pilot made it w/o injury.

Brett

Thanks Brett. You have increased my knowledges once again...:)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a function of all the radiation. It causes the space-time continuum to reverse back upon itself, hence the ECMO-centric nature of the Prowler. :D

Brett

I just knew there was something unnatural about that whole deal, Brett . . . thanks for clearing it up for the new guy. :D

BrianUSMC

A closed mouth gathers no feet.
pilot
...just checked my jacket today, and sure enough, the doc drew a line through and initials next to my prowler anthro restiction... i am no longer anthro'd out. I am 73" 200lb of pimp. personally, i had always thought it was my butt-to-knee length that had always gotten me restricted... guess not anymore!

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Is this just USMC or USN as well? sorry if it's been previously clarified, couldn't find it.