• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-6 Advanced moving to Corpus?

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Enid is a bit cold and windy in January. It seems like it gets all the worst weather in the state known for it's bad weather. After thinking about it a bit (this rumor, that is), the T-1 is a great trainer for flying heavies, and it would be a shame to send guys to corpus. The speeds you fly and the control responsiveness are actually fairly similar to what you are going to be flying in the E-6. It is just that the Air Force makes it so fucking painful. Good luck and have fun. Remember that you 1. Have already pre-selected, so as long as you Pass/Advance, it doesn't fucking matter and 2. It is only 6 months (once you start).

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Congrats on the selection! I know a lot of people were gunning for E-6's this week, how'd it end up?

Two of us got them. One from Corpus (me) and a guy from Whiting.

They've been popular lately. Here in 27 we've had an E-6 selection every week for the last three weeks.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
yea, I'll agree january was the worst. I hit the flightline Jan 17th, and the first two months of flying I was pretty miserable walking across the parking lot at 5AM. 40 knot winds and temps in the 20s weren't so motivating. On the plus side, no walking across the flight line to your AC for you, you'll have a sweet little party van for that foolishness.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
yea, I'll agree january was the worst. I hit the flightline Jan 17th, and the first two months of flying I was pretty miserable walking across the parking lot at 5AM. 40 knot winds and temps in the 20s weren't so motivating. On the plus side, no walking across the flight line to your AC for you, you'll have a sweet little party van for that foolishness.

At least the T-1 squadron is closer to the parking lot...I thought Enid was fun in the winter...but I'm from Iowa so I like being cold and miserable for months at a time...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
i like cold, but there has to be snow and mountains involved.

And yea, that parking way the hell across two streets was a bunch of horseshit.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Talking to one of the IPs in my squadron who's pretty involved in the transition said that the new plan is to have everyone select Maritime for advanced. Once in advanced, you then select what aircraft. Don't know about time frame though.

STLEngineer

pilot
Starting in January sucks, but you won't hit the flightline for a few weeks (sims and systems classes). Just be glad you'll be flying the T-1, since you can turn the heater on on the ground and get it warmed up before takeoff.

But to sum up: -5 degrees C & 35020G30KT sucks.

billiken2002

pilot
That is what I was going to ask. Is selection out of Primary now just going to be Tailhook, Helos, and Multi's? And then once you get near the end of Advanced, (after a year from now)...you'll choose P-3, EP-3, E-6, or P-8? That'll be interesting...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
i like cold, but there has to be snow and mountains involved.

And yea, that parking way the hell across two streets was a bunch of horseshit.

I had a great spot on the west side of the Security building...right across the street from the reservists at the 8th...it was a much quicker walk in the morning, if you could get a spot....