• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Just found out that I am joining the community! Reading through this old thread to learn a little bit more, interesting reading about the transition to 8 blades over multiple years in about 10 mins time on here. couple quick questions. Whats all the E2c2 squadron Callsigns? kinda random, but something I was just thinking about. Oh, and what equipment do they file, /A or /I... /G haha kidding, well actually the E2D? I'm not even sure if /G is part of the Navy vision.

MasterBates

VAW-120 Greyhawk
VAW-121 Griffin
VAW-123 Top
VAW-124/125 not sure.
VAW-126 closeout.

All the 12x squadrons are in Norfolk, all the 11x squadrons save 115 are California, 115 is Japan.

Until 121 gets D's, then they move to Japan.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
VAW-120 Greyhawk
VAW-121 Griffin
VAW-123 Top
VAW-124/125 not sure.
VAW-126 closeout.

All the 12x squadrons are in Norfolk, all the 11x squadrons save 115 are California, 115 is Japan.

Until 121 gets D's, then they move to Japan.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

When that happens will 115 return to pt mugu?

MasterBates

Magic%20Ball

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
125: Tiger

The D transition plan is always in flux. The Magic 8-Ball is as good a source as any, frankly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
/G is in the works and a reality for a few platforms. On several of the EP-3's I flew, we legally filed /G and shot approaches etc...Can't speak specifically about E2/C2, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
So I guess it's /I for the time being? I was also surpised that the E2 has no weather radar. Guess with the props coating they don't need to be picking through nasty weather anyways.. I imagine there is technology to improve the 8 blades and their issue with water?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
/G is also in the works for 60S. not sure about the Romeo.

Not yet for the R. I recently went through IGS (I refuse to call it HITS) with a bunch of Sierra dudes and there was no mention of being able to file /G yet.