• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Yeah, it's coming in the next version of the software, which also upgrades the processor in the computer. (386 just isn't cutting it these days.) PMA-299 talked about it at NHA.

MasterBates

E-2s can file /G if they have the Garmin AFC installed.

I've heard the Unicorn.. I mean Delta cannot file /G as of a year ago, and the delta glass cockpit is actually a step backwards from the CNS/ATM upgrade the Cs are getting.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
By the way, I can neither confirm, nor deny, that none of the aforementioned /codes stopped me from accepting a 1000 mile direct leg. Just sayin' :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
By the way, I can neither confirm, nor deny, that none of the aforementioned /codes stopped me from accepting a 1000 mile direct leg. Just sayin' :)
Could the EP-3 not file I? Should be all you need to go direct.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Could the EP-3 not file I? Should be all you need to go direct.

Was never an issue in the EP, we always filed /I or /G...sometimes on repos or pilot trainers in the straight stick we'd find ourselves cleared direct and since there was no INS in the flight station, we'd GPS it out of convenience...we always filed /A there, but controllers would always offer direct legs.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, it's coming in the next version of the software, which also upgrades the processor in the computer. (386 just isn't cutting it these days.) PMA-299 talked about it at NHA.

The R is currently upgrading now and the one after this upgrade is supposed to have all the gee-whiz nav stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the S is an iteration ahead.

gotta_fly

pilot

If taking 1000 mile direct legs is cool, consider me Miles Davis! :cool:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
kmac- What do you think of the CNS/ATM & 8-Blades now that your back? I thought it took 10 years off the airframe.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
kmac- What do you think of the CNS/ATM & 8-Blades now that your back? I thought it took 10 years off the airframe.

I'm getting used to the CNS/ATM but the 8-blades are still proving to be difficult for my 3-part power corrections when the bird is light. I'm getting better, but it's definitely a challenge being so far aft on the power quadrant.

I really don't like the FPV but maybe that's because I've never had one. The selectable bearings are pretty Gucci...as long as I can keep the TACAN on two. Now that my scan inside has improved, I'm really digging the PFD for AOA ,airspeed, VSI, and altitude. Or having ground speed displayed while doing the 6Ts on an approach... Or just about anything else it can display. Yeah, I like it.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm a big fan of CNS/ATM and even of the 8-blade. I do not like the FPV, you lose too much else. Each pilot should find what they want displayed, and use it though. I do foresee some nuggets becoming cripples to it but with good instruction, it could be a pretty good tool for some.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I can't even remember what the 6 T's were.......think turn talk tune time tampon?

edit: though I'm sure I knew them when I flew with Kmac in primary, which was the last time I ever heard of this