• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dependents and UCMJ

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Especially the Boots asking the Master Chief about the Right Spirit, ....

Hev you ever noticed that he never answers the fucking questions anyway?

Boot: "Master Chief, what programs are there in the navy for sailors with a drinking problem?"

Master Chief: "You know, it's important for our sailors to recognize within themselves....blah, blah, blah,...and that's what Right Spirit is all about"

Boot: WTF?:confused:

You are correct that they make the navy look terrible. I saw one right after a pretty moto USMC commercial (silent drill platoon, grunts beating each other up with kung fu, tanks firing main guns, Harriers taking off vertically, etc) and the contrast was pretty funny.

Neither one of which may have been truly representative of the service, but if I was some young guy deciding who to join, the choice would have been clear.

Then again, why DO they have moto recruiting commercials on AFN. I mean....we're IN already.

phrogpilot73

Yeah, it obviously worked so well for you.:D
I think if the recruiting ads were more along the lines of a guy sitting in a cubicle taking handfuls of pills and drinking booze while looking at a loaded pistol on his desk - and the tag line was "Marines. It's better than this suicide-inducing misery of the corporate world." Then it probably would have worked for me.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
To convince the guys that are getting out that it's a good idea to stay in?!?

Yeah, I get it, but who do they think that they're fooling? I mean, if you are already in the service then the ads designed to get you to join (fire dragons and navy seal stuff) aren't going to work. Fool me once shame on you...etc.....

If they want to target re-enlisters (FTAP) then they need to focus on things that they care about. Money, esprit de corps, promotion opprotunities, commissioning programs, cool b-billets, and the like. Everybody will have their own button.

Anyway, that's my one semester of marketing talking...

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
he added about 15k of 'I'm Sorry Money'. Indigenous personnel were insanely bitter about him being released, as well. But I digress. SOFA definitely applies to dependents.

Having lived in japan, when not deployed, in my first squadron tour, I thought we should adopt the concept of "Gomen money" in the U.S.

That and the policy of going to jail means you get a cell. Period. You want food, blankets and a pillow? Pay for it, bring it or work for it.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That, or they just have to fill up X seconds of airtime with commercials, and, hey, we already paid for the recruiting ads.

I will admit that the guy whose recliner is destroyed in a PCS (and gets Full Replacement Value) does have a pretty hot wife, in a MILF sort of way.

OldNavy

Todays Navy...

Boot: "Master Chief, what programs are there in the navy for sailors with a drinking problem?"

Master Chief: "You know, it's important for our sailors to recognize within themselves....blah, blah, blah,...and that's what Right Spirit is all about"

The Navy I joined.....

Master Chief: "What kind of stupid fucking question is that!? Next round is on you shipmate!"

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Japanese prison is no joke. After a day or two in there, most people were begging to go to a courtmartial, rather than be prosecuted out in town. Fish heads and rice, all meals, every day.

Gomen money would be a far better option than the way in which we do shit in this country. Frivolous lawsuits would drop by a few hundred percentage points, I'm sure.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Hev you ever noticed that he never answers the fucking questions anyway?

Boot: WTF?:confused:

I don't think the "Right Spirit" campaign is staying true to its original mission.

Attachments

• right spirit.jpg
    right spirit.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 56