• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Still waiting on the final PQ letter from N3M, but I guess I will throw my info out there - good luck again to everyone applying!

SNA
BS in Mechanical Engineering, 3.4 GPA, TTU (May 2012)
MS in Flight Test Engineering, 3.5 GPA, UTSI (May 2014)
Private pilot, powered/ glider, ~130 hrs combined
ASTB: 6/7/6, 54
LORs from USA CW3/ CW4, USAF LtCol, THP chief pilot

Kees

SNA Select
Not sure where he got that from - I am a civilian and have always known about the 6 month mandatory wait time, etc that others have mentioned.

Also keep in mind the new ASTB - which takes effect (literally) any day now - also includes a cockpit 'joystick' test very similar to the USAF TBAS test.. Not saying that this is good/ bad, just different for sure.

I appreciate the information. Looks like I am going to have to do a bit of research and make a few phone calls.

As for the ASTB-E, it has an implementation date of 9 December 2013.

IUGUY

Killing me, these pages are taking 20 mintues to load out here. Anyways, little confused, I have a board schedule dated 17oct says the
aviation boards are meeting on 3 dec. Anyone got any input on this, im confused from reading what board everyone thinks will meet this week.

I almost feel like trying to have some one email me but i m not sure putting my .mil email address on here is the smartest thing..... Hopefully everyone
had a good thanksgiving and we all get good news soon!

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Not sure where he got that from - I am a civilian and have always known about the 6 month mandatory wait time, etc that others have mentioned.

Also keep in mind the new ASTB - which takes effect (literally) any day now - also includes a cockpit 'joystick' test very similar to the USAF TBAS test.. Not saying that this is good/ bad, just different for sure.

When i took my OAR the joystick test was an option for the people doing the ASTB. They all said it was like playing a video game. And im pretty sure the application instruction 1420.1b says that if you resubmit within 6 months of a No then you only have to submit things that have changed and a new endorsement. Otherwise you submit a full package. But look at the instruction to be sure.

SLH350

pilot
Killing me, these pages are taking 20 mintues to load out here. Anyways, little confused, I have a board schedule dated 17oct says the
aviation boards are meeting on 3 dec. Anyone got any input on this, im confused from reading what board everyone thinks will meet this week.

I almost feel like trying to have some one email me but i m not sure putting my .mil email address on here is the smartest thing..... Hopefully everyone
had a good thanksgiving and we all get good news soon!
If that's an accurate date and schedule then it would appear to be more up to date than the schedule that stayed the board was rolling. That schedule is dated 26 September. I really hope the 3 December board date is accurate.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
If that's an accurate date and schedule then it would appear to be more up to date than the schedule that stayed the board was rolling. That schedule is dated 26 September. I really hope the 3 December board date is accurate.

From page 1 of this thread, confirmed by my recruiter today - no word on pilot/NFO/SWO board(s) yet.. The original date for the board was 03 Dec but that changed on 26Sept13.
Looks like the Pilot/NFO/SWO board is now a rolling board according to this 26 Sept 2013 updated schedule.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Heard this morning the IDC board convened yesterday and was still ongoing as of today.

When you look at the info DIVO had on Intel sitting on numbers due to possible overselection, to have them start a board before those numbers are firmed up doesn't make sense, not that the IDC board hasn't done things like that before, but really the only way anyone at NRC knows IDC has had the board is when they send the list of pro Y's back.

AmericanJoe

My recruiter told me that my package was submitted 11/27 (we had to wait a while on some paperwork) -- is there a lag time between when it is submitted and eligible to be reviewed by a board? Don't want it to get caught in limbo before the board convenes...

My recruiter told me that my package was submitted 11/27 (we had to wait a while on some paperwork) -- is there a lag time between when it is submitted and eligible to be reviewed by a board? Don't want it to get caught in limbo before the board convenes...
I had to get some stuff approved through N3M and battle some outdated paperwork... My package was submitted today. Hopefully there isn't a limbo! It's crazy thinking that I thought my package was going to be submitted in November. I guess that's a lesson to everyone planning on submitting a package, get it moving ASAP! There are tons of things that can slow your package down and you don't want to miss too many boards.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
I had to get some stuff approved through N3M and battle some outdated paperwork... My package was submitted today. Hopefully there isn't a limbo! It's crazy thinking that I thought my package was going to be submitted in November. I guess that's a lesson to everyone planning on submitting a package, get it moving ASAP! There are tons of things that can slow your package down and you don't want to miss too many boards.

A big +1 to this post! Almost the exact same situation here - I thought that I was done at the end of October when I submitted my signed APSR, but due to an incomplete physical (needed my depth perception tested) and the need to have the rest of the exam reviewed and signed off by a doctor (went to MEPS in March 2012..) I only actually only got my PQ letter/ package uploaded today. Very thankful that my recruiter moved quickly to help me out but I too was concerned about missing this board date for the same reasons.

A big +1 to this post! Almost the exact same situation here - I thought that I was done at the end of October when I submitted my signed APSR, but due to an incomplete physical (needed my depth perception tested) and the need to have the rest of the exam reviewed and signed off by a doctor (went to MEPS in March 2012..) I only actually only got my PQ letter/ package uploaded today. Very thankful that my recruiter moved quickly to help me out but I too was concerned about missing this board date for the same reasons.
Hopefully we will do well on the board. What are your stats?
21 years old
3.5 Computer Engineering
ASTB: 8/8/7-65
No flight or military experience.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Hopefully we will do well on the board. What are your stats?

Yes sir, you too. Funny user name man, I actually live in Coffee County TN.. Great ASTB by the way, I wish I had those scores!

SNA
23 years old
N3M 'PQ', application went to board Tues 03Dec13

Last edited:
Yes sir, you too. Funny user name man, I actually live in Coffee County TN.. Great ASTB by the way, I wish I had those scores!

SNA
23 years old
N3M 'PQ', application went to board Tues 03Dec13

Seems like we are both pretty solid. Goodluck! Hopefully we'll know soon.