• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

doncruz23

I contacted the helpdesk and this is what Mr. Celestin said, "The board starts next Monday 12/2/2013, so allow 1-3 weeks to post to BOL.".

CTFly1

I contacted the helpdesk and this is what Mr. Celestin said, "The board starts next Monday 12/2/2013, so allow 1-3 weeks to post to BOL.".

That's the scheduled IDC board. Wonder if they will hold the aviation/swo boards currently. Also, BOL is garbage right now. Let's hope it's back up fully before the board is ready to release results. Assuming at least one board gets together this week... Good luck everybody. A lot of hard work has been done to put together packages, especially AD guys that didn't get much or any support and you civilians with bad recruiters. Thanks to all of you for sharing info and knowledge throughout the process.

When my buddy was picked up he found out here on AW. If BUPERS is down the way it has been lately, we may need someone with the list of selectees to tell us. NavyOffRec, hint hint. ;)

doncruz23

Soooo aside from my CO getting the message in order for me to find out the result I would go on BOL and click the application foreman link and from there click the check selection board packages???? Is this correct? Thanks

exNavyOffRec

Be aware that the processors just read off the board schedule, especially when the boards are not "in house", so take any of their info with a grain of salt. If the board decides to delay for any reason they just email the OCS accessions director.

IDC Applicant

Be aware that the processors just read off the board schedule, especially when the boards are not "in house", so take any of their info with a grain of salt. If the board decides to delay for any reason they just email the OCS accessions director.

So as a recruiter, do you have a way of seeing when the board actually convened?

AmericanJoe

So a question about rolling boards...

is there an amount of time you have to wait between each application? i.e. can the non-selects from this December board fix up and put in their packets for the next upcoming rolling board which would probably be in a month or two? (hopefully I won't have to worry about this :D) -- I had just been wondering about this as I am not very familiar with the rolling boards concept. Thanks!

headinclouds

So a question about rolling boards...

is there an amount of time you have to wait between each application? i.e. can the non-selects from this December board fix up and put in their packets for the next upcoming rolling board which would probably be in a month or two? (hopefully I won't have to worry about this :D) -- I had just been wondering about this as I am not very familiar with the rolling boards concept. Thanks!
IIRC, you need to wait a certain amount of time (3 months?) unless there is a major change to your application (for example ASTB scores). I'm not 100% on the wait time, but hopefully someone can correct me if that is not accurate.

DIVO

The rule is 6 months. Unless you are submitting a better package - ASTB score, got pilot license, etc. And in order to resubmit, you also need to submit a reconsideration letter. This letter should outline what you have done recently to make you a more competitve applicant.

Kees

SNA Select
The rule is 6 months. Unless you are submitting a better package - ASTB score, got pilot license, etc. And in order to resubmit, you also need to submit a reconsideration letter. This letter should outline what you have done recently to make you a more competitve applicant.

With regards to the 6 month waiting period, are you referring specifically to AD or all OCS applicants? My recruiter informed me that there is no wait requirement between boards for civilian applicants and that I could reapply as many times as I wanted/needed.

Obviously, it wouldn't make sense to resubmit a kit that was non-select without first improving some aspects of it (i.e. weak ASTB scores--like mine, poor professional references/interviews, etc.). He also informed me that the motivational statement would have to be re-accomplished to show what was done between boards.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Anticipation is killing me. lol. I submitted my package around the first of November thinking i had the deadline of Nov 4th for SWO boards and come to find out they are now rolling. Just want to wish everyone goodluck. And does anyone know what the FORMAN link is on BOL? I click it and its a dead link right now.

Since i have yet to post my package stats here they are.

Turn 30 on 03Dec
AD with 11 Years
Applying for SWO
Criminal Justice BA- 3.69
OAR- 45
Awards: 2 NAM, 2 Admirals Letters
Evals: EP/EP/EP
LORs: 2x O-6
Interviews: 0-6, 2x 0-5, O-4, O-3

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
With regards to the 6 month waiting period, are you referring specifically to AD or all OCS applicants? My recruiter informed me that there is no wait requirement between boards for civilian applicants and that I could reapply as many times as I wanted/needed.

Not sure where he got that from - I am a civilian and have always known about the 6 month mandatory wait time, etc that others have mentioned.

Also keep in mind the new ASTB - which takes effect (literally) any day now - also includes a cockpit 'joystick' test very similar to the USAF TBAS test.. Not saying that this is good/ bad, just different for sure.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Obviously, it wouldn't make sense to resubmit a kit that was non-select without first improving some aspects of it (i.e. weak ASTB scores--like mine, poor professional references/interviews, etc.). He also informed me that the motivational statement would have to be re-accomplished to show what was done between boards.

Applies to all, NRC has and will kick back applications that do not meet the 6 month wait and have not had a significant change.