• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

TnSig

SNA
Penicillin waiver finally came through...hopefully just in time. My package was submitted today. I only hope it gets processed and to the boards before any looming cut-off date!

theghettodefendant

None
It really would, if it was obvious that he was familiar with, and impressed by you, your character and leadership potential. If just a summation of a "question & answer" session, maybe not so much... but still a plus for your package (unless the interview doesn't go well)!:eek:
A Captain is a high ranking Officer, but it's what he says/writes, not just his position or rank, that really counts!;)
View attachment 13099
BzB

Thanks for the info, my recruiter told me about what he put on the appraisal sheet afterwards and he said the captain was impressed with me and gave me 10s on the sheet and gave me a good writeup so hopefully It helps.

tan

Anybody else able to access the board link under FORMAN on BOL?
No I haven't been able to get in there as well. I am on shore duty (supposely better internet connection?).

Does anyone know how long a selection board usually last? Does it typically start on Monday?

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Does anyone know how long a selection board usually last? Does it typically start on Monday?

+1, my thoughts exactly. Hate to say it, but I get the sinking feeling this board convenes in Jan'14 if the "boards rarely convene after Thanksgiving" gouge is correct..

SLH350

pilot
+1, my thoughts exactly. Hate to say it, but I get the sinking feeling this board convenes in Jan'14 if the "boards rarely convene after Thanksgiving" gouge is correct..
What? Where did you hear that? It was originally scheduled for December 2nd, can't imagine it would be convening in January.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
What? Where did you hear that? It was originally scheduled for December 2nd, can't imagine it would be convening in January.

I could have sworn that there was a comment to that effect in this very thread, but after 20 minutes of looking I cannot find it. So, I'm an ass..

exNavyOffRec

I could have sworn that there was a comment to that effect in this very thread, but after 20 minutes of looking I cannot find it. So, I'm an ass..

Nope you are not an ass, in general with leave and such most boards that were scheduled for Pilot/NFO/SWO between Thanksgiving and Christmas have been postponed, they have to have a Captain to chair the board and while they do have a few at NRC they are allowed to take leave.