• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

theghettodefendant

None
Nope you are not an ass, in general with leave and such most boards that were scheduled for Pilot/NFO/SWO between Thanksgiving and Christmas have been postponed, they have to have a Captain to chair the board and while they do have a few at NRC they are allowed to take leave.

So could they still hold it this week before thanksgiving?

DWILL

Well I am not positive on the affect this could have, but a friend of mine in my department who made the rolling board in OCT received his FS yesterday. He was selected for NFO and classes up in MAR. Once again, not sure what it means, but to me it was a sign of life on the NRC side. It would be nice to get my enlisted advancment results and selection results next week!

CTFly1

I have a feeling we will be reconvening our "maybe this week!" discussions in January, lol. Enjoy the holidays everybody!

ricks61885

Ricks61885
Has anyone had to submit anything for their kit after it has reached NRC? I was told about 2 weeks ago my kit was there and good to go, but just received a call from my OR yesterday saying that NRC requested a statement of service for my active duty time (in regards to age waiver). Is it normal for them to ask for something once it gets there?

CTFly1

Has anyone had to submit anything for their kit after it has reached NRC? I was told about 2 weeks ago my kit was there and good to go, but just received a call from my OR yesterday saying that NRC requested a statement of service for my active duty time (in regards to age waiver). Is it normal for them to ask for something once it gets there?
I had to submit my transcript with the conferral date and degree info reflected on it after I sent in the package.

I had to submit two things after sending in my kit. First was a form from the VA saying that I was not receiving any monetary benefits. Second I had to send in all my medical screening paperwork and supporting documentation into NAMI to get a full green light, then send in their approval to be processed for the board. I don't think that it is abnormal.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot

I thought my application was complete as of two weeks ago but recieved a call from my OR last Friday that it was "uploaded" yet still lacked my depth perception scores to change a default NPQ into a PQ. Got the exam completed this Wednesday, my OR sent in the paperwork Thursday morning, and he said to expect a 48hr turnaround time to finish that up.

Here I was hoping that the rolling board would convene on 03 Dec, but now I just hope N3M turns my paperwork around first.. I am very thankful that my recruiter has been so willing to move quickly to help me get my application accomplished in time!

Last edited:

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Not an OCS package, but mine was submitted and then I needed to provide an additional written statement. When asked about the swim test I answered honestly that yes I could 1. jump off a platform and 2. swim how far they wanted. Given that I didn't know how to inflate trousers and had never done it before I answered no to that one. When it got questioned my recruiter called me into his office explained how it was done, asked if I thought I could do it (it does sound pretty easy) and when I said yes, he said 'write down that having been instructed on how to do it you are capable of completing it.' I did and 3 months later I got my PRO-REC.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Not an OCS package, but mine was submitted and then I needed to provide an additional written statement. When asked about the swim test I answered honestly that yes I could 1. jump off a platform and 2. swim how far they wanted. Given that I didn't know how to inflate trousers and had never done it before I answered no to that one. When it got questioned my recruiter called me into his office explained how it was done, asked if I thought I could do it (it does sound pretty easy) and when I said yes, he said 'write down that having been instructed on how to do it you are capable of completing it.' I did and 3 months later I got my PRO-REC.
Yeah the trouser inflation is pretty easy, for anyone who's curious here's the video they show at API:
Aviators: If you don't know the four strokes (breast, side, back, and crawl), or if you're not very comfortable in the water, work on it before API, because if you get put into swim hold there, you get a pink sheet now. Plus you get set back two or three weeks, which sucks.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot

Since it was for my master's my OR said I would help my cause if I sent in a letter from my registrar conferring my eligibility to graduate with Med eval. Also, received word form my recruiter that the board would most likely get together around the end of the first week, beginning of second week of December for SNA's/SNFO's and avoid delaying until after the stand-down. Could be blowing smoke up my ass but everyone in the office seemed to confer.

Good luck to all.

exNavyOffRec

Yes, and in this case it is because the OR failed to get the documentation he should have known a statement of service was needed.