• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

exNavyOffRec

I thought my application was complete as of two weeks ago but recieved a call from my OR last Friday that it was "uploaded" yet still lacked my depth perception scores to change a default NPQ into a PQ. Got the exam completed this Wednesday, my OR sent in the paperwork Thursday morning, and he said to expect a 48hr turnaround time to finish that up.

Here I was hoping that the rolling board would convene on 03 Dec, but now I just hope N3M turns my paperwork around first.. I am very thankful that my recruiter has been so willing to move quickly to help me get my application accomplished in time!

If CIRIMS shows you has NPQ for depth perception your application will not be sent to the SNA board, I had to have an application pulled until we had that straightened out, if my guy didn't have an N3M determination we could have got by.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
If CIRIMS shows you has NPQ for depth perception your application will not be sent to the SNA board, I had to have an application pulled until we had that straightened out, if my guy didn't have an N3M determination we could have got by.

Aha, that makes sense. The "default NPQ" I mentioned was because the MEPS folks did not give me the depth perception test after I read less than 20/20 on their machine, but I accomplished it at my eye doctors office with no problems.

Just out of curiosity does the 48hr turnaround time on this kind of thing sound correct?

exNavyOffRec

Aha, that makes sense. The "default NPQ" I mentioned was because the MEPS folks did not give me the depth perception test after I read less than 20/20 on their machine, but I accomplished it at my eye doctors office with no problems.

Just out of curiosity does the 48hr turnaround time on this kind of thing sound correct?

It just depends, you never know their workload.

Kees

SNA Select
Greetings folks!

It seems we're all in the same boat for the rolling board. It's brutal not having a solid timeframe to salivate over.

My guess is that the board will be held at some point in early December. Prior to Thanksgiving is a long shot since they just had a board in October where, according to my recruiter, 25 of 26 applicants were selected--I cannot confirm this, simply what I was told. If this IS the case, however, let's hope the selection rate remains this high! My recruiter also informed me that rolling boards convene roughly every 60 days--another indicator of a December board.

In any case, this is nothing more than speculation. Like a few of the guys have stated earlier, they will convene when they convene and there's no sense fretting over it. In the meantime, I'd suggest taking steps toward improving your kit in the event you are non-select or, begin prepping for OCS. If you haven't accessed the following link, do so now: http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs.asp

This site has a lot of information regarding what to expect at OCS and how to prepare for it (OCS gouge pack can be found under the academics link).

Cheers!

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
I'm hoping they keep the 02 Dec date if not earlier. I'm on a bit of a timetable.

Me too, though my timetable is really more of "Please dear God let them meet before I pull my hair out working for Enterprise."

And in an attempt to keep our minds off it, anyone in a bigger Fantasy Football hole than me? I'm down by 90 last I checked.

CTFly1

Me too, though my timetable is really more of "Please dear God let them meet before I pull my hair out working for Enterprise."

And in an attempt to keep our minds off it, anyone in a bigger Fantasy Football hole than me? I'm down by 90 last I checked.

I had Ridley in the SNF game... another effing fumble in the first quarter = benched with -1 point. I'm down 22 going into tomorrow... I have Gore, V. Davis, Dawson, and the 49rs DST, and my opponent has RG3 and Morris. I'm projected to lose by 3, but we'll see how it goes. I felt great going into SNF... not so much anymore.

P.S. - I too don't think there will be results before January.

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!

Same here on the hair pulling with current employer. The temporary nature of this job is all that's keeping me sane. Luckily time seems to be flying - where did November go?

ABH2Dominguez

Hi Everyone, First off congrats too everyone selected for OCS.
This is my first post here and was wondering if any recruiter on here or someone knowledgeable can shed some light for me. Real quick about me:
Prior Service: Navy 8yrs ( EP's, MP's, and Capped to E-5)..left AD w/ honorable discharge to finish degree fulltime.
7 more classes to Graduate from Embry-Riddle in Pro Aeronautics (3.6 GPA)
Private Pilot w/ 110 flight hrs- nearly done with instrument rating and beginning Commercial Pilot license soon.
^^those are my positives; however,
I was arrested for doing 55 in a 35 (non-alcohol related) license was not suspended or revoked but had to pay a nasty fine. No court-martial or Captains Mast in the Navy

I do dream of becoming an officer and a pilot, but will this arrest mentioned above automatically disqualify me? Happened in 2011. Record has always been clean but this lousy arrest screwed me over big time. Thanks for the help Gents and ladies

Oneil

Tranquillitas Ordinis
I am sure there are guys who have done way worse on this forum and are not worried (i'm no recruiter though).

exNavyOffRec

Hi Everyone, First off congrats too everyone selected for OCS.
This is my first post here and was wondering if any recruiter on here or someone knowledgeable can shed some light for me. Real quick about me:
Prior Service: Navy 8yrs ( EP's, MP's, and Capped to E-5)..left AD w/ honorable discharge to finish degree fulltime.
7 more classes to Graduate from Embry-Riddle in Pro Aeronautics (3.6 GPA)
Private Pilot w/ 110 flight hrs- nearly done with instrument rating and beginning Commercial Pilot license soon.
^^those are my positives; however,
I was arrested for doing 55 in a 35 (non-alcohol related) license was not suspended or revoked but had to pay a nasty fine. No court-martial or Captains Mast in the Navy

I do dream of becoming an officer and a pilot, but will this arrest mentioned above automatically disqualify me? Happened in 2011. Record has always been clean but this lousy arrest screwed me over big time. Thanks for the help Gents and ladies

We would need more info, such as ASTB, you can have the best GPA around but if you don't make the cut on the ASTB it doesn't matter.

You were arrested for 55 in 35? What was the charge, you will need it for the application.

ABH2Dominguez

We would need more info, such as ASTB, you can have the best GPA around but if you don't make the cut on the ASTB it doesn't matter.

You were arrested for 55 in 35? What was the charge, you will need it for the application.

Just began talking with an OR in Miami, waiting for his response on when I can take ASTB. Yes I was arrested for doing 55 in a 35. I was on a motorcycle so they thought I was like every other biker racing when I was just going home. I was given wreckless driving even though once I saw the lights I pulled over...later I read that wreckless driving was if you were evading the cops. I probably should have fought the case but I didn't like an idiot