• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
I'm sure this was answered earlier in the thread, but what's a rolling board and how does it help our chances?

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
I'm sure this was answered earlier in the thread, but what's a rolling board and how does it help our chances?

Rolling board means the board will convene once there are enough packets to be reviewed. I don't know how/if it affects selection rate but from the mouth if my OR "Expect results sooner rather than later."

Peter H

I have a question mainly for the prior enlisted guys. If you are at your current command as enlisted and you get selected for OCS, what do you do with your personal household items? I am currently getting single BAH and I have an apartment in San Diego, would I still be able to keep all my stuff in my apartment if I get selected for OCS or would I lose my BAH and put my stuff in storage? Also if I go to another area outside of San Diego after OCS would the Navy still do a PCS move?

exNavyOffRec

A true "rolling board" is where once an application is rec'd at NRC and verified it is ready to go to board it is sent immediately to the reviewing members, generally you see this with designators that are looking for very specific people/degrees.

What NRC is doing with Pilot/NFO/SWO is kind of a "rolling board" from what RUFi0181 has said they accumulate the applications and every 4-6 weeks they will hold a board, now compare this with how thing were up to a few years ago....

A few years ago there was essentially a board every month, so the applications would accumulate during that time and then about every month a board would be held.

It should not affect selection results, or if anything it will cause them to decrease since if they don't like what they see they know they will have another group in 4 weeks.

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
Thanks for the clarification NavyOffRec! Makes me a little nervous with my GPA like an albatross around my neck...

IUGUY

Pilot/NFO applicant here .

Okay guys , huge step in the right direction . After seven months of being eligible I was finally able to navigate the mysterious challenge of routing anything on an aircraft carrier and got my package signed by CO and sent off. Received an email saying package had been processed for next board ..... Woohoo. I'm just as anxious as everyone else, My two questions, does anyone know how long ago the last board convened ? Will we be notified if we are NOT selected?

jander12

pilot
Apparently this RE-code waiver process has multiple stages - first stage approved my waiver; however, I'm getting word now that CNRC wants me to do a PRT before approving anything - to which my recruiter said "the Navy" told [recruiters] not to PRT any applicants...

Well, apparently it's OK to PRT "priors" (apparently former midshipmen fall into that category - I disagree, but that's another topic). Unfortunately, my recruiter can't conduct the PRT until I'm medically cleared for OCS; which, thanks to some technical difficulties, probably won't be until late November. Even more unfortunate is that I'll probably miss the Boards coming up here in December because of this situation. Talk about frustrating... I hate red tape.

ricks61885

Ricks61885
Retook my ASTB last week and got a 7/7/7 61, hopefully it is pretty competitive. I applied for the July board and did not have my Bachelor's completed at the time and I only had a 5/5/5 55. Now that I turned everything else back in hopefully it will make it to the rolling board. Best of luck to everyone!!

SLH350

pilot
Retook my ASTB last week and got a 7/7/7 61, hopefully it is pretty competitive. I applied for the July board and did not have my Bachelor's completed at the time and I only had a 5/5/5 55. Now that I turned everything else back in hopefully it will make it to the rolling board. Best of luck to everyone!!

Good scores! Nice work!

The_Pants

Well, apparently it's OK to PRT "priors" (apparently former midshipmen fall into that category - I disagree, but that's another topic). Unfortunately, my recruiter can't conduct the PRT until I'm medically cleared for OCS; which, thanks to some technical difficulties, probably won't be until late November. Even more unfortunate is that I'll probably miss the Boards coming up here in December because of this situation. Talk about frustrating... I hate red tape.

You're fine from my knowledge. I am in the same boat. I still need to be medically cleared and head to MEPS. But since it is a rolling board, confirmed by my OR, we can submit our package once it is done and will receive an answer sooner. Once they collect enough packages/applications they will convene and select those who are qualified. You won't miss the board. Yeah I know it sucks waiting and I am extremely anxious, but hopefully we will know the results before Christmas.

exNavyOffRec

good job, it is rare to see a 2 point jump across the board.

tawojt

I made the foolish mistake of taking the ASTB cold in August (scored 52 5/4/6). I have been studying since and would like to retake the test and get that 4 up to apply for SNA but also just to get my scores up across the board. Several weeks ago (3 or 4) I indicated this to my recruiter and he asked me dates and times that fit with my schedule so that he could schedule my retake with the ROTC unit at my university. I never heard back with regard to those dates and times afterward and have continued to say that I would like to retake the test. He now says he "doesn't recommend" that I retake it.

I guess what I'm asking is that since putting in my strongest possible package is up to me and no on else essentially, should I walk down to the armory and schedule the retake myself? Would this look bad in any way/shape/form (going over my recruiter's head) or would it show commitment? I feel like I'm probably over thinking this....