• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I typed all my LORs and C.O recommendation and had the officers edit it. I think I should just give it to him to have something to work with. With all my LORs it worked so it should work with him. I just hope they don't have a time period you have to be onboard before they say I am able to do this because there is nothing in the instruction that says there is a time requirement. How long did it take once you submitted the package up the Chain of Command for the C.O to have your recommendation???[/quote

Real talk, its all incumbant of your new chain of command... There is no instruction saying that you must be on station for "X" amount of months before you submit a package... When I checked in my new command this past June, I made my intentions apparant and my new chain of command was all for the betterment and upward accesion of a Sailor... They seen I had my package ready to go (minus CO) recommendation and worked with me to get my package submitted based upon merit and previous creditials...

IUGUY

I don't know how big your command is. From start to finish when I was finally able route my finished product It
Took three weeks. But they also weren't in any hurry because they were working off the timeline of nov 7th as the submission deadline for the dec board, but apparently they are rolling boards now....

ABF2

I don't know how big your command is. From start to finish when I was finally able route my finished product It
Took three weeks. But they also weren't in any hurry because they were working off the timeline of nov 7th as the submission deadline for the dec board, but apparently they are rolling boards now....
ok thanks

RescueSwimmer19USN

Active Duty Navy SAR Crewman
NavyOffRec:

I submitted about a week ago for SNA with these stats, what do you think for competitveness?

AWR2 (NAC / AW / SW) 8yrs ActiveDuty Helicopter SAR Crewman

ASTB: 46, 6 / 8 / 7

GPA: 3.774 UMUC B.S. Emergency Management

FAA Student Pilot with 39 flight hours

Volunteer work includes animal shelter, veterans home, habitat for humanity

LORs: 1 VADM, 2 CAPTs, 1 CDR, FAA Instructor

Approved Age Waiver (27), complete Medical 20/20 vision

A former coworker apparently got Pro Rec'd with lower scores across the board a few weeks ago, im just trying to gauge my competitiveness. Thanks a lot for being a resource for questions on here, it can be stressful for us applicants!!

-Rick

IUGUY

NavyOffRec:

I submitted about a week ago for SNA with these stats, what do you think for competitveness?

A former coworker apparently got Pro Rec'd with lower scores across the board a few weeks ago, im just trying to gauge my competitiveness. Thanks a lot for being a resource for questions on here, it can be stressful for us applicants!!

-Rick

So your flight time man, how far are you from your private ? I used a local flight school and had a horrible experience and quit training after 13 hours, nickel and dimed me bad , I have been looking to do it again

My recruiter told me this past year everyone with ASTB 6,6,6 48 and above got selected. Hopefully that is still the case for this board.

RescueSwimmer19USN

So your flight time man, how far are you from your private ? I used a local flight school and had a horrible experience and quit training after 13 hours, nickel and dimed me bad , I have been looking to do it again

I'm close to my private, but put it on hold in order to finish college faster. I did most of my time in Japan, where I was stationed. But yeah flight schools in the US are hit or miss, and expensive either way.
I'm hoping the well rounded package serves me well, since my OAR is a 46, though it seems the OAR does not play much of a factor in the SNA/NFO boards. Hopefully my 8 PFAR and 3.774 GPA will balance me out. Good luck IUGUY.

IUGUY

That's all outstanding. Did you do them at YAkota ab ? I got six hours there. Loved it...... I was on the Gw so I'm guessing we have deployed together??

RescueSwimmer19USN

That's all outstanding. Did you do them at YAkota ab ? I got six hours there. Loved it...... I was on the Gw so I'm guessing we have deployed together??

Yeah thats where I did it. I was with HS-14 out of Atsugi, and went on the GW as well as the Cowpens and the Lassen. I was in Japan from 07-11, great time out there.

IUGUY

Very cool, I was there August 2010 to dec 2012 , loved it and some outstanding adventures

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyOffRec:

You should be aware that the stats/info cited above are VERY competitive. Good luck!:D
... and quit training after 13 hours, nickel and dimed me bad , I have been looking to do it again
Having previous flight training/hours is a good thing, but it carries very little "added value" to an aviation package. If you are wealthy, go for lots of flight time, but for average/low income dudes, padding your flight log with additional [pricey] flight time to give you an edge, is not a questionable investment. For over a century, the U.S. Navy has been turning out tens of thousands of excellent aviators, from applicants (including me), who had never even been in or around an aircraft!;)
BzB:cool:

Last edited:

IUGUY

I understand that , it's more of an honest interest in aviation that keeps me wanting to go back to the training , however the disagreement with the flight school and trying to juggle work, and my last few classes of my degree I decided to put the training on pause ..... I know that solid performance in the class room and work will hopefully be the things that push me forward in this......

The only thing that makes me nervous is my poor performance in school as 18, 19, 20 year old kid didn't shoot me in the foot before I even joined the service .... Since enlisting I have 3.8 and have done really well at work, I'm hoping my motivation as a sailor will help and out weigh a few old academic skeletons in the closet

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You should be aware that the stats/info cited above are VERY competitive. Good luck!:
I based this ^^^, on this
ASTB 46 6/8/7
The only thing that makes me nervous is my poor performance in school as 18, 19, 20 year old kid didn't shoot me in the foot before I even joined the service .... Since enlisting I have 3.8 and have done really well at work, I'm hoping my motivation as a sailor will help and out weigh a few old academic skeletons in the closet
So why this^^^? Doesn't seem to compute..:confused:
A friendly word of caution for all you Dudes with prior flight time: Don't use it to try and impress your fellow 'ducklings', you don't wanna get the "dick" rep... you will make a much better rep, by wowng your IP and others with your preparation, and smoothness at the controls. Don't be that GUY!:eek:
BzB