• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

jander12

pilot
You're fine from my knowledge. I am in the same boat. I still need to be medically cleared and head to MEPS. But since it is a rolling board, confirmed by my OR, we can submit our package once it is done and will receive an answer sooner. Once they collect enough packages/applications they will convene and select those who are qualified. You won't miss the board. Yeah I know it sucks waiting and I am extremely anxious, but hopefully we will know the results before Christmas.

Thanks for the morale boost! That's definitely what I'm hoping for.

On another note, any thoughts on what PRT numbers I SHOULD attain for a waiver approval (assuming it weighs on their decision to approve/disapprove the waiver). If I did a PRT tomorrow, it'd be close to 60 pushups, 90 situps, 10:30 1.5 mile run (fair estimates). I expect these numbers to be better when I take this PRT since I'm transitioning my training program to "PRT prep."

CTFly1

After your OCS Application has been forwarded to the Program Manager for board consideration, do you receive any feedback that your board has been reviewed and is forwarded to the board, or that there was an issue and the package is not being forwarded?

Thanks for the morale boost! That's definitely what I'm hoping for.

On another note, any thoughts on what PRT numbers I SHOULD attain for a waiver approval (assuming it weighs on their decision to approve/disapprove the waiver). If I did a PRT tomorrow, it'd be close to 60 pushups, 90 situps, 10:30 1.5 mile run (fair estimates). I expect these numbers to be better when I take this PRT since I'm transitioning my training program to "PRT prep."

I would say that a minimum overall 'Good' score should be fine but aim for 'Excellent' or better. From your estimate, I think you should be fine.

http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard/malestandard.html

IUGUY

After your OCS Application has been forwarded to the Program Manager for board consideration, do you receive any feedback that your board has been reviewed and is forwarded to the board, or that there was an issue and the package is not being forwarded?

Would love to hear an answer on this , I asked something earlier and there really hasn't been much feedback on it. Also does anyone know if we will be notified as non selects? (Hopefully I'm selected!!) Would need to start resubmission process immediately ........ Took seven months to get this package through the coc

exNavyOffRec

non AD are notified via NRD's that the application was rejected, I would hope that NRC would email the affect person that there is an issue.

IUGUY

Okay, so what about AD guys....... They will obviously find out if a select. What about non select. ?

The reapplication process is time sensitive , how will we know when we can start it again

exNavyOffRec

Okay, so what about AD guys....... They will obviously find out if a select. What about non select. ?

The reapplication process is time sensitive , how will we know when we can start it again

Yes, in general you will be able to see Pro N or Pro Y via BOL

The reapplication time is 6 months from Pro N unless there is something significant that has changed with the applicants info, increasing ASTB scores is an example.

IUGUY

Okay , PRO N vs PRO Y , sorry I'm a newb to this. ...... Not sure what that means and how it applies ... :/

cmd44

Pro-Rec Y SNA/NFO 3/6/14
Hey guy/gals. First time post.
I will be in the December Board.

About to be 25 /Non Prior M SNA/NFO
3.0 Indiana State university - B.S. Professional Aviation Flight Technology
6/7/6 46
5 LORs, AF Officer, Navy Enlisted, Chief Pilot, Former Employer, Retired Air Force Captain
900 Hours+ Flight Experience : Multi-Commercial, CFI/CFII
250hrs+ Jet time in the Learjet 35
350hrs Turbine time
No criminal Record

ABF2

Quick question I am in the middle of transferring to Sea Duty this is my first application. I have everything except the C.O recommendation. Should I get my old C.O recommendation and just have my new C.O second the old C.O recommendation? I ask this because the new C.O cannot vouch for me because I will be a new check in. I am trying to submit my package for the December Rolling boards.

IUGUY

I don't know how it works but if you look at the 1420.1b I think it's says something about not being able to submit if within three months of transfer............

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Quick question I am in the middle of transferring to Sea Duty this is my first application. I have everything except the C.O recommendation. Should I get my old C.O recommendation and just have my new C.O second the old C.O recommendation? I ask this because the new C.O cannot vouch for me because I will be a new check in. I am trying to submit my package for the December Rolling boards.

I was in the same situation... CO turnover... Have your previous CO write a recommendation, and give it to your new CO to bounce off of... It worked for me as my new CO used some of the old CO's insight and recommdations... Just my opionin and recommendation Bruh...

ABF2

I was in the same situation... CO turnover... Have your previous CO write a recommendation, and give it to your new CO to bounce off of... It worked for me as my new CO used some of the old CO's insight and recommdations... Just my opionin and recommendation Bruh...

I typed all my LORs and C.O recommendation and had the officers edit it. I think I should just give it to him to have something to work with. With all my LORs it worked so it should work with him. I just hope they don't have a time period you have to be onboard before they say I am able to do this because there is nothing in the instruction that says there is a time requirement. How long did it take once you submitted the package up the Chain of Command for the C.O to have your recommendation???

ABF2

I don't know how it works but if you look at the 1420.1b I think it's says something about not being able to submit if within three months of transfer............

that instruction is prior to transferring not after you already transfer and I verified this with the OCS reps.