• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

exNavyOffRec

So I got an email back from my OR with the requirements for the boards, here they are.. I wasnt applying for Pilot so I dont know those...

What you were sent was a mix of PA minimums and something else, the info he sent you on NFO and Supply are PA minimums, the one for SWO might be from the sheet that lets NRD's get application credit.

The_Pants

A couple questions... How long have you been working on your package? How long have you been waiting to go to MEPS? What does the rest of your package look like?

I've found that if I show full dedication to something, work hard, and get what I can control complete that the other side of the equation will feel more inclined to reciprocate. I recommend getting everything else done, including your SF86 and anything else hanging. Then go back to your OR and see what you can work out.

I've only been working on my package since the beginning of September. I am no worried about commitment only because before I showed up to the OR I had 3/4 my package done; I decided to take the initiative and fill out/have all my paperwork with me before going to the OR. I've been waiting to go to MEPS since the end of September but it's been delayed because they have been so backed up and he can only send a couple officers at a time. I think I will call him Monday to check the status. Oh yeah, I started on my SF86 but accidentally locked myself out :-/

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
I've been working on my application since mid-September and have everything complete except for MEPS. I am lucky though, I, my OR, and MEPS are about 20 minutes from each other, so everything is right here. I have submitted my pre-screen medical paperwork and my request for evaluation. Just waiting on the green light from them to set the appointment. My OR said he thought I should hear back from them sometime next week to set the appointment.

Good luck to Pants and Mike on getting into MEPS and to everyone on the upcoming boards!! :)

SLH350

pilot
So is the document in this thread accurate that this is now a rolling board?? And if so is it then likely that a board will meet prior to December? I'm submitting next week hopefully, crazy nervous about it.-

Age- 24
GPA- 3.1 Wake Forest University
ASTB- 7/8/7 60 OAR
So far I've got 2 college professor LORs, 3 O-3s, and 1 E-7
6 hours civilian flight hours and I've been to Marine Corps OCS
Applying SNA and NFO

mikeVT

Thanks! Good luck to you too mich313! Excellent scores, SLH, good luck.

Wow, didn't realize the Pilot competitive OAR score is 58. Hopefully I don't get ruled out because I only have a 54 OAR. I have straight 7s for the other scores. No flying experience. I'm much more nervous now, just from what people have posted on here it seems like SNA will be very very competitive...

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
So is the document in this thread accurate that this is now a rolling board??

The board schedule I have updated on September 26 lists SNA/NFO/SWO a rolling board, but a lot could have happened between then and now. That's the most updated gouge I've seen so far.

SLH350

pilot
Thanks mich, hoping that'll mean an earlier board, I guess we'll just have to see. And thanks Mike! Keep in mind the people you see posting here are a pretty limited cross section of total applicants, and I'm pretty sure they are on the whole more qualified than the average.

mikeVT

I hope for my sake you're right about that ha! Y'all are some qualified people and I wish you guys the best of luck.

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
Submitting for this board as well, full packet finished up today. Hopefully the rolling board means we find out sooner!

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
The board schedule I have updated on September 26 lists SNA/NFO/SWO a rolling board, but a lot could have happened between then and now. That's the most updated gouge I've seen so far.
My apologies, the PILOT*/NFO/SWO board is rolling. Not sure about SNA. Sorry for the misinformation!

The_Pants

So is the document in this thread accurate that this is now a rolling board?? And if so is it then likely that a board will meet prior to December? I'm submitting next week hopefully, crazy nervous about it.-

Age- 24
ASTB- 7/8/7 60 OAR
Applying SNA and NFO

With all due respect, what happened with Marine Corps OCS?

SLH350

pilot
With all due respect, what happened with Marine Corps OCS?
I sustained a stress fracture in my right foot on week 7/10. Had a reenrollment waiver approved but then they pulled all my RS's active duty officer spots for the upcoming January OCC class and I decided I wasn't willing to wait for October of next year.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Age- 24
ASTB- 7/8/7 60 OAR
Applying SNA and NFO
Good numbers, but just an alert. They will be interested in knowing the outcome of your Marine Corps OCS experience.;)
BzB