• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

AmericanJoe

Waiting until Feb seems pretty sh*tty to me. How about we get a lot more apps in so they convene sooner. That being said, I know it's worth the wait, so whenever we can hear... leggo

Kees

SNA Select
Waiting until Feb seems pretty sh*tty to me. How about we get a lot more apps in so they convene sooner. That being said, I know it's worth the wait, so whenever we can hear... leggo

It's definitely worth the wait.

I'm debating whether or not I want to prepare and retake my ASTB prior to the next board. I'll be 28 in February and if I don't get picked up the on the first go and have to wait 6 months to reapply (like so many on here have said I will) I'll be cutting it close to the SNA age limit. Still a little bummed that I missed out on the last two boards because of paperwork that kept popping up.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
It's definitely worth the wait.

I'm debating whether or not I want to prepare and retake my ASTB prior to the next board. I'll be 28 in February and if I don't get picked up the on the first go and have to wait 6 months to reapply (like so many on here have said I will) I'll be cutting it close to the SNA age limit. Still a little bummed that I missed out on the last two boards because of paperwork that kept popping up.
if all this falls through and they for whatever reason say no to my package could I submit an application for another designation such as supply right away since I didnt put that on the first app?

Kees

SNA Select
if all this falls through and they for whatever reason say no to my package could I submit an application for another designation such as supply right away since I didnt put that on the first app?

That I do not know for sure.

I would assume that the waiting period would apply regardless of the designator you are going for if you applied previously and weren't selected. Especially if no improvement was made to your kit.

Do any of you more experienced folks have any information on reapplying if you were non-select your first time around? Can you re-designate and reapply immediately? Or, are you subjected to the same waiting period regardless?

USNavyIntel

IS1 (SW/AW)
That I do not know for sure.

I would assume that the waiting period would apply regardless of the designator you are going for if you applied previously and weren't selected. Especially if no improvement was made to your kit.

Do any of you more experienced folks have any information on reapplying if you were non-select your first time around? Can you re-designate and reapply immediately? Or, are you subjected to the same waiting period regardless?

You are right. You can reapply within six months of the original "no" as long as you have significant updates to your package. Outside of six months, you have to submit a whole new package.

Novaspike

Hey everyone. Just finished registering for the forum today (though I've been using it as a resource since 2008). I'm posting here because I was one of the guys who got in for the AD Dec board.

Funny story actually, I had been checking everything (BOL, NPC), waiting for results and stumbled on this thread on Friday. I saw the post about the list coming out, but couldn't PM to check. Not long after that I ran into my department head who told me congrats (though I had no idea what for). He forwarded me the email with the list literally about 5 min after it was posted here.

Anyway, the email did say that there were going to be follow-on emails with the SWO and NFO results. Best of luck of those of you who are waiting.

etreddies31

Hey everyone. Just finished registering for the forum today (though I've been using it as a resource since 2008). I'm posting here because I was one of the guys who got in for the AD Dec board.

Funny story actually, I had been checking everything (BOL, NPC), waiting for results and stumbled on this thread on Friday. I saw the post about the list coming out, but couldn't PM to check. Not long after that I ran into my department head who told me congrats (though I had no idea what for). He forwarded me the email with the list literally about 5 min after it was posted here.

Anyway, the email did say that there were going to be follow-on emails with the SWO and NFO results. Best of luck of those of you who are waiting.

Congrats Novaspike. I'm one of many civilian guys patiently waiting to hear the results. Hopefully we'll hear something this week.

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
Congrats Novaspike. I'm one of many civilian guys patiently waiting to hear the results. Hopefully we'll hear something this week.

Yea man Congrats! Cant wait til the non AD list comes out

STM Maritime

I've been following up on this thread and continue to see the term "AD board " thrown around. Can someone explain the AD board to me ? Is that for current active duty applicants?

ShultsSWO

I've been following up on this thread and continue to see the term "AD board " thrown around. Can someone explain the AD board to me ? Is that for current active duty applicants?
Yes, to answer your question, they look at the active duty guys separately.

CTFly1

Congrats brother! CTI1 Downie here. Guess we'll be seeing each other around.