• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

AmericanJoe

So for rolling boards how often do they meet? For example, say that the last one convened 7-10 days ago -- how long would those of us that missed the cutoff by a few days be looking to wait for the next one? Anyone have experience w/ how rolling boards typically go? Thanks!

Kees

SNA Select
So for rolling boards how often do they meet? For example, say that the last one convened 7-10 days ago -- how long would those of us that missed the cutoff by a few days be looking to wait for the next one? Anyone have experience w/ how rolling boards typically go? Thanks!

Approximately every 60 days, but the actual time between boards can vary depending on needs, number of applicants, etc. For example, there was a board in late October and supposedly another within the last week or so--less than 60 days. I would guess February for the next one.

NavyOffRec could probably give you a better estimate.

exNavyOffRec

Approximately every 60 days, but the actual time between boards can vary depending on needs, number of applicants, etc. For example, there was a board in late October and supposedly another within the last week or so--less than 60 days. I would guess February for the next one.

NavyOffRec could probably give you a better estimate.

What you have said is I believe what RUFi0181 had been told they were doing.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS

When i emailed OCSquestions they said with rolling boards its not a time frame.. Once they get a enough applications, they hold a board. Hope that helps.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
When i emailed OCSquestions they said with rolling boards its not a time frame.. Once they get a enough applications, they hold a board. Hope that helps.
That's good info. It's what I have been hearing as well. If they get enough they will hold a board as long as it is not during the holiday stand down.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hope I get SWO. I am ready for a change. Been doing aviaton for 10 years now.
I hope I get SWO. I am ready for a change. Been doing aviaton for 10 years now.
I know the feeling. Ive been in submarine community for the past 11. So I'm hoping for the same thing. Good luck to you.
For both of you, is it that you were sick of your communities, or strictly to seek career improvement by gaining a commission? I'd be surprised if it is the former. I have served in both Submarines, then Aviation, and I thought both were great. I only went aviation because it was the only avenue available to me for a commission. I never regretted it for a minute.:D Good luck to both of you!;)
BzB

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
For both of you, is it that you were sick of your communities, or strictly to seek career improvement by gaining a commission? I'd be surprised if it is the former. I have served in both Submarines, then Aviation, and I thought both were great. I only went aviation because it was the only avenue available to me for a commission. I never regretted it for a minute.:D Good luck to both of you!;)
BzB
In all honestly I'm simply bored in my community. As per my rate I'm restricted to only big boy subs and its just not the life i really want. Going SWO gives me that opportunity to expand my horizons and see the other side of the Navy that I've missed out on. Hopefully allowing me to do 20 more years. Thats the reason why I'm not choosing to go Submarine Officer.

headinclouds

Per IUGuy... I'm on the Pro Rec Y list. I'm bouncing back and fourth between calm/surrealistic holy crap... and the occasional freak out. It was my last shot for at SNA and I paid a lot of money out of pocket to finish my degree in time (not eligible for TA as a student at a training command)... and I couldn't be happier!
Congratulations, is the list you saw just for AD or are non-priors on there too?

mosst75268

For enlisted members does a Letter of Qualification from a college that shows you have completed all degree requirements and what your date of degree conferral will be, combined with a transcript which reflects credits and GPA suffice? Or is it hard and fast that they require a transcript with the conferral date and degree on it?

They use to take a letter from the college, however, they no longer do this. The degree has to actually be conferred on your transcript. Hope this helps. You can try and speak with the school and try to get it expedited, that's what I did when I submitted my package.

Peter H

Well me I am also tired of the community. I know it's different for officers but me being an AZ1 it just gets tiring. Keeping track of aircraft logbooks is very important don't get me wrong. I look at my job as being real important because if a component is over flown it can cause someone to lose their life or even a squadron to get shut down. I am just at the point to where I want to do something different. I will say for those that get selected for an aviation community please always respect your AZs.