• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Final Selects, None?

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I was pro-rec in Feb, took new prt that week and had everything ready to be sent. Kinda tweddling thumbs with my OR the last almost two months just waiting to hear back, then...

My OR called my yesterday saying that basically the navy is hurting for money and they have put a hold on all final selects and future ocs classes......what??? I might have to wait through half the summer to get a final select I have busted my ass for and the ever so important paycheck I have planned to spend on beer and women???? :icon_rage

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
sort of looking for any validity of this, but I am sure there is budget cuts everywhere and I trust my OR. Did Obama's $55billion cut to military spending go through? eh, I mean come on the DOW turned around, well atleast for a week.

blarged

ready
sort of looking for any validity of this, but I am sure there is budget cuts everywhere and I trust my OR. Did Obama's $55billion cut to military spending go through? eh, I mean come on the DOW turned around, well atleast for a week.

You're BDCP? When are you graduating / planning on going to OCS? I have no info, but am just curious if this might be a yucky moment for getting into BDCP specifically. Hopefully the program isn't too-good-to-be-true now...

blackjaw

There are always going to be budget cuts, money shortfalls, over extensions of resources, etc. Growing up in a Navy family I saw this all the time in multiple stations around the world and still remember hearing "oh this president cut this, this base is being closed due to that, that ship is being decommissioned due to blah blah blah".

IMO, however unprofessional it is, it sounds like your OR gave you an easy explanation for a complicated situation. Reading other sites, there are people that got accepted recently being FS for may/june/july classes. This budget crunch didn't pop up and happen within the past month. I'm sure that budgeting is being factored into a lot of things, but the needs of the Navy, the processing of paperwork (whether its MEPS, security, etc), etc. are also factors that are holding a lot of pro-reqs up.

Just to worry you a little further...there are always pro-reqs that never get final selects. ;)

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Started app Jan 08, (1 non-select) selected Feb 09. graduate May 2010. The flyer that says: Are you rising Junior?! Do you want to be a Naval Aviator? If you have over a 2.7, you could earn $2500 a month to finish your school! HAHA, yes! to good to be true. and now a rising senior w/ 3.32 plus boat load hours invested in doing anything to make my app better to finally get selcted, its still feels like it is evading me and TOO good to be true!

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
^^Just further note, I am still selected to be a OC and a SNA so I'm still all grins, but financially just feel like im getting my balls tickled.

acwildcat

pilot
I was pro-rec in Feb, took new prt that week and had everything ready to be sent. Kinda tweddling thumbs with my OR the last almost two months just waiting to hear back, then...

My OR called my yesterday saying that basically the navy is hurting for money and they have put a hold on all final selects and future ocs classes......what??? I might have to wait through half the summer to get a final select I have busted my ass for and the ever so important paycheck I have planned to spend on beer and women???? :icon_rage

I had not heard that. I got pro rec bdcp sna in Feb as well. I hope it doesn't last too long cuz I would prefer not to have to get a real job this summer ;)

DHudock

I was told by a Capt. that the reason everything is slowing down right now is because the numbers of recruits that the Navy was letting in was 4,000 for the next 6 months, nation-wide. Apparently, he says, that number has been cut to 400 NATION-WIDE!! That includes Officer recruits and enlisted. So, from what he told me, the number of people the navy is letting in in the next 6 months is down from 4000 to 400 across the country!

Has anyone heard anything of the sort?? Or is it just hear-say?

I hope that is not the case even though I have a full time job right now I would much rather be on my way up to newport than sitting in a cubicle for 9 hours everyday

clearskiez

Pro'Rec' for NFO here, waiting for my final-select. Anyone know what it means if your packet needs PM approval? Who is the PM, what does the PM need in order to sign-off on everything?

redsox06

BDCP SWO
I was pro-rec'd for BDCP SWO in February. I spoke to my OPO last week and he told me that my JPAS had been verified at the end of March and that I should receive my final select this week, hopefully swear in next week. I hope that he is right. I have an unpaid internship this summer, so I could really use that BDCP money...

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I was pro-rec'd for supply near the end of February, got my medical history, PRT and MEPS done and sent off in late March. My OR told me I should be hearing back on a final select sometime in the next two weeks or so, that was exactly two weeks ago. I am willing to wait a little longer at this point before I start worrying too much.

I am curious about these supposed cutbacks, I have not noticed any OCS classes being cut as of yet. I have been wondering why so few people from February are hearing back about Final Selects though. It does seem like that should be happening fairly soon.