• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Final Selects, None?

nugget61

pilot
I was pro-rec in Feb, took new prt that week and had everything ready to be sent. Kinda tweddling thumbs with my OR the last almost two months just waiting to hear back, then...

I'm assuming that since you took the prt that you passed meps (and what exactly is the 'new' prt?) Did you sign more papers for them to do the security clearance? That will take a lil bit to get going. Any med waivers that you're waiting on? Those can all hold you back.

And don't sweat waiting a long time - got my PR in Oct08 and I'm still waiting for that FS letter... damn being med down.

AntiSchmoe

Final Select SNA
I got my Final Select for SNA March 10th and have an 02 August OCS date. For what its worth, I was pro-rec'd in the January boards.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I know my meps was in and good, my PRt on on the high end of scores and the renewed security papers signed processed and clearance opened, everything is there just waiting on the final select. I hadn't heard of anyone feb and later on recieving FS yet and that still seems evident.
Suppose its just a continued waiting game, but figured we could benefit fromhearing each others side of the story. You know, just ready to go hunt some pirates.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Same boat as you guys. I was Pro-Rec'd in Feb for SNA, got my medical, clearence, and prt all sent in. Every week im told it should hopefully be comming next week. So the wait continues...

alpineskier

gear up, Newspaper, your airplane
pilot
same here, Pro Rec in Feb, security clearance was done a while ago, meps and prt have been done for two months, (did them before I was pro rec'd) and still waiting. I was told hopefully to know by the end of this week. Im crossing my fingers as we speak

alpineskier

gear up, Newspaper, your airplane
pilot
and as far as them making cuts and not doing F.S for a while or cutting staffing from 4000 to 400, Why would they continue to hold boards for this month and next month. I know their have been budget cuts all over, but thats the case on a yearly basis. From what I have been hearing, The military has been down on the numbers they would like. I am not sure if that is just enlisted or enlisted/officer, but to cut from 4000 to 400 is a huge percentage. Not saying it isnt true or anything, at least I hope it isnt true.

blarged

ready
and as far as them making cuts and not doing F.S for a while or cutting staffing from 4000 to 400, Why would they continue to hold boards for this month and next month. I know their have been budget cuts all over, but thats the case on a yearly basis. From what I have been hearing, The military has been down on the numbers they would like. I am not sure if that is just enlisted or enlisted/officer, but to cut from 4000 to 400 is a huge percentage. Not saying it isnt true or anything, at least I hope it isnt true.

I doubt the reliability of those numbers, being cut from 4000 to 400. I talked with my recruiter and he said that the sheer increase of applicants due to the economy among other things has really bogged down the system. He specifically said that there are not any cutbacks that he is aware of.

Things are just taking a little longer.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
February Pro-Rec, still waiting for Final Select. Finally got my physical scheduled for next week so that will move the process along. It definitely does seem like the Feb Pro Recs are getting Final Select slowly.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing....I'm gald I took my job in the meantime cause there seems to be no telling when FS' are going to come and I'm a march pro-rec. Recruiter said 30-60 days so I guess if I haven't gotten anything by 60 i'll give him a call.

SoOthersMayLive

pilot
Everyone on here that is wondering about the final select issuse should check out SECDEF Gates' proposed defense budget. I think this is where everything started and now the rumors abound. It is also worth checking out if you are selected for pilot or NFO just because of the proposed increases in the purchase of certain airframes and the phasing out of others. It may help you to understand the big picture a bit better.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
SNA applicants and the FY'10 budget

http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=4396

Check out this link to SECDEF Gates defense budget plan to ease your mind.

In a nutshell the military budget is growing. While there will be cuts to some budget draining programs, like the F-22, overall the military budget is growing. The Navy is still growing, but with a shift in priorities towards our current enemy (non-conventional warfare). We do not need to worry about our slots being reduced. If you already have a pro-rec, or are just starting to apply, take a deep breath and release. They still need pilots. The proposed budget includes funding for 30 more F/A-18s, an increase in the amount of helicopters and recon planes, and a continued budget for the F-35 program. Read through it for more details and to help ease your mind if you've been stressing about the budget.

kwestman

I was pro-rec'd in January, didnt get my final select till yesterday, and have a class date for the 19th of April. It takes time. Be Patient.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
I was pro-rec'd in January, didnt get my final select till yesterday, and have a class date for the 19th of April. It takes time. Be Patient.
Wow, that's not alot of time between Final Select and class date. I guess when things move they move fast.

Congrats!

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Final Select today! Finally here, been a very long road. Swear in tomorrow. Maybe, rescuing Capt. Phillips the Navy realized how badass they are and that inspired some papers to get signed.

blarged

ready
Final Select today! Finally here, been a very long road. Swear in tomorrow. Maybe, rescuing Capt. Phillips the Navy realized how badass they are and that inspired some papers to get signed.

Congrats! Glad to see everything is all in order.