• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
This may be stupid...but can only officers get into the O-Club?

The reason I ask is because in a couple of weeks my friends and I are going to spring break in Panama City and I would like to take a day and go to P-Cola without them, maybe bringing some women from Panama:D:icon_smil

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

The reason I ask is because in a couple of weeks my friends and I are going to spring break in Panama City and I would like to take a day and go to P-Cola without them, maybe bringing some women from Panama:D:icon_smil

I went plenty of times when I was a middie, and I have seen plenty of "guests" in various clubs, so I would say it wouldn't be a problem....particularly if you swung by during happy hour, I think if you made it known that you were an applicant/OCS/BDCP/whatever, you could probably get a beer or three out of it :) You are more of a prospective officer than you are an E anyway, considering the enlisted designation is only for admin/pay purposes.

By and large, every club I have been to around the country (Pcola, Corpus, Whidbey, Miramar, Lemoore) has been more than welcoming to newcomers....at least if you are down to play some dice, craps, other assorted bar games and hang out for a while.

Oh yeah, I will be there tonight BTW for anyone who cares to join

whalepelt

It sounds like there should be a decent showing from my API class today.
Armada has done a little bit of evangelizing and everyone is pretty excited now that we can legitimately wear flightsuits. I know my roommates and I are planning on stopping by. What time does the fun usually begin?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Armada has done a little bit of evangelizing and everyone is pretty excited now that we can legitimately wear flightsuits. I know my roommates and I are planning on stopping by. What time does the fun usually begin?

I heard 1700 has been a pretty good start time lately

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I should be there round then, unless the squadron bar is open....but yeah, 1700's usually when people get there

...We once tied a string (the one in a flight suit thigh pocket) to the bell's lanyard, and tied the other end VERY discreetly to the XO's belt buckle.

He walked away- "DOOOOOONNNNG"

XO bought for the entire bar. And it was PACKED. Probably cost him a good $150.

He's on the command bonus. He can afford it.

+1 for creativity. NICE WORK

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot

I don't even think it's technically an "O-Club" anymore. That's what someone was telling me. We don't pay dues for it, since I guess it's supposed to be funded by us for us but it's not, not here anyways. I also heard that even some brave enlisted venture out there at times. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Solid, keep up the good work. It's a legit club, and not enough people used it when I was in A-pool/API. I was impressed by the turnout last time I was there though, even if there were no nurses and/or junior college girls

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I don't even think it's technically an "O-Club" anymore. That's what someone was telling me. We don't pay dues for it, since I guess it's supposed to be funded by us for us but it's not, not here anyways. I also heard that even some brave enlisted venture out there at times. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote from the base website..."The Club is open to all active duty, reserve, and retired officers, DOD GS-7 or equivalent and above, although some events, advertised as such, are open to all hands." https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Pensacola/FamilyReadiness/CFC/Clubs/index.htm

as opposed to NAS CCTX.

"Membership (active duty, retired military, DOD civilians)"
here http://www.nascc.navy.mil/mwr_bayclub.htm. There is an "Officer's lounge" listed but I have never seen a sign saying that...and I have seen all ranks in the bar.

Whiting...

"Under a "new" concept of club management Navy-wide, most bases have consolidated their enlisted and officer clubs into one."
https://www.netc.navy.mil/naswf/mwr/clbCmpx.cfm

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Indeed, the atmosphere in Pcola seems a bit more formal and traditional then say Corpus (which is more of a glorified bar with some pics on the wall).

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Quote from the base website..."The Club is open to all active duty, reserve, and retired officers, DOD GS-7 or equivalent and above, although some events, advertised as such, are open to all hands." https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Pensacola/FamilyReadiness/CFC/Clubs/index.htm

While officially everyone may not be allowed, when we asked the wait staff they said anyone was allowed to include Es and Civilians. You wont have any problem getting in if you want to stop by.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I went plenty of times when I was a middie, and I have seen plenty of "guests" in various clubs, so I would say it wouldn't be a problem....particularly if you swung by during happy hour, I think if you made it known that you were an applicant/OCS/BDCP/whatever, you could probably get a beer or three out of it :) You are more of a prospective officer than you are an E anyway, considering the enlisted designation is only for admin/pay purposes.

By and large, every club I have been to around the country (Pcola, Corpus, Whidbey, Miramar, Lemoore) has been more than welcoming to newcomers....at least if you are down to play some dice, craps, other assorted bar games and hang out for a while.

Thanks for the info!

phrogpilot73

I should be there round then, unless the squadron bar is open....but yeah, 1700's usually when people get there
I'm so god-damned proud of you boys... Keeping the club alive!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I gave up drinking for Lent, so my motivation to go right now is pretty minimal other than for lunch, but I will definitely be back after April 12 (only 37 more days of sobriety).